I purchased my 9 year old daughter a pink 1525 and she has figured out how to create a password and mom told her
not to now she cant remember what it is and you turn on the computer and thats as far as you get is her user name and password.
Can I reset the computer back to its factory settings ? There is nothing on it to lose .
It depends on where the password is set. If it's a Windows password, a system restore to factory will clear the problem. CTRL-F11 at the Dell screen (XP) or F8 before Windows loads (Vista) will get you in.
If it's a power on (BIOS) password, that can only be removed by calling Dell, proving ownership, and being issued the system-specific master password. If the system is in warranty, the call is free. If it's out of warranty, a standard $50 support call fee applies.
Yes that will do it.
Dell Factory Image RestoreNOTICE: Using Dell Factory Image Restore permanently deletes all data on the hard drive and removes any programs or drivers installed after you received your computer. If possible, back up the data before using these options. Use Dell Factory Image Restore only if System Restore did not resolve your operating system problem.NOTE: Dell Factory Image Restore may not be available in certain countries or on certain computers.Use Dell Factory Image Restore only as the last method to restore your operating system. This option restores your hard drive to the operating state it was in when you purchased the computer. Any programs or files added since you received your computer—including data files—are permanently deleted from the hard drive. Data files include documents, spreadsheets, e-mail messages, digital photos, music files, and so on. If possible, back up all data before using Dell Factory Image Restore.Dell Factory Image RestoreTurn on the computer.
1. When the Dell logo appears, press <F8>
2. several times to access the Vista AdvancedBoot Options Window.NOTE: If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue twait until you see the Microsoft® Windowsdesktop; then, shut down your computer and try again.
3. Select Repair Your Computer.The System Recovery Options window appearSelect a keyboard layout and click
4. Next. To access the recovery options, log on as a
5. local user. To access the command prompt, type administrator in the User name field, then click OK.
6. Dell Factory Image Restore. The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome screen appears.NOTE: Depending upon your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory Image Restore.
Click 7. Next. The Confirm Data Deletion screen appears. NOTICE: If you do not want to proceed withFactory Image Restore, click Cancel.Click the checkbox to confirm that you want
8. to continue reformatting the hard drive and restoring the system software to the factory condition, then click Next.The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes to complete. A messageappears when the operating system and factory-installed applications have been restored to factory condition. Click 9. Finish to reboot the system.
HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound CardDell Studio XPS 1645 Window 7 Pro
Forum member since 2003
At system recovery it is still asking for her password , I set up a admin password but it wants hers.
see this link
Alienware Aurora (x58 - Bios A09) ~ CC 2.5.52 ~ Intel Core i7-920 Quad (2.66 Ghz) ~ 6 gigs ddr3-1333 ram ~ 875w PS ~ ATI Radeon 5870 ~ Catalyst 10.7 ~ No Sound Card ~ 1TB HDD 7200 RPM ~ DVD +/-RW, 16X (stock) ~ Alienware OptX AW2310~ AW TactX Keyboard ~ AW Standard Optical Mouse ~ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ~
XPS 1530 ~ Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T7250 ~4gb~256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8600M GT
data will be deleted in system disk if i chose to a factory reset. For user password, you can reset the password quite in a few minutes without losing any data on your computer. Create a bootable USB or DVD disk, change the first boot priority, the select the account. Here is the step by step guide: How to reset password of Dell Laptop
The hard drive data yes. Any CMOS-based power on or admin passwords will not be deleted, though.