No Virtualisation Enable/Disable option in Dell Studio 1555 - BIOS A07

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

No Virtualisation Enable/Disable option in Dell Studio 1555 - BIOS A07

This question is answered

Hi,

Myself a Studio 1555 user, recently upgraded my bios from version A06 to A07. I was using windows xp virtual mode, but now on win7 it pops an error saying :

------------------------------------------

[Window Title]
Windows Virtual PC

[Main Instruction]
Cannot start Windows Virtual PC Host Process. Check the System event log for more details

[Content]
Windows Virtual PC requires hardware-assisted virtualization. There is no hardware-assisted virtualization support in the system.

[OK]

-------------------------------------------

So went to bios to check wether any enable / disable option is available for the virtualisation, but no luck. After a bit of googling i found out that A07 bios lacks this feature. So next logical thing I wish to do is a downgrade of bios, is it valid if I ask that "Is it safe to downgrade bios from A07 to A06". If YES where is the A06 bios download site / url for Dell 1555 model. If NO then how is DELL looking considering this screnario, will there be a patch release / A08 rollout to the users.

Config : Studio 1555, Windows 7 Ultimate, T6500 Processor, A07 Bios

Eager to hear

Vasuki BK

Verified Answer
  • Your issue is that the CPU you chose doesn't support virtualization technology - you'd need to replace it with one that supports VT.  Then the option will appear.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=39311

All Replies
  • Your issue is that the CPU you chose doesn't support virtualization technology - you'd need to replace it with one that supports VT.  Then the option will appear.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=39311

• Hi ejn63,

Yes you are right. The processor does not support the Virtualisation feature. Thanks for the speedy response.

Regards,

Vasuki BK

• hello, I have the same problem.  I would like to know as solve it