Dell QuickSet 64-Bit Install Problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell QuickSet 64-Bit Install Problem

This question is not answered

Hello all,

Posting for 1st time because I am at my wit's end.

I have recently bought a Dell Studio 1737. I installed 4gig ram (after market) and upgraded it to Vista Enterprise 64-bit (basically this is Vista Business with volume licensing).

Now, all 64-bit driver installation went well, except for Dell Quickset (64-bit, I'm sure about this).

I tried to install this, but each time and each version, I get a "System not supported" message and the install quits. I have tried using the command line install with "BYPASS_SUPPORT_CHECK=1" flag also, but I still keep getting the error.

It is useless to call Dell for support or chat with their techies. They keep asking for money (25$ for personalized support is ridiculous, after I paid so much for the laptop and for the memory upgrade).

Has anybody found a way to install this > or has anyone found an alternative ?

Also I have tried to install "Dell Control Point" with the same results.

HELP, PLEASE !!!

All Replies
  • Wow this is an old post, sorry you didn't get any replies. I'm sure that I also got this error on my system as well when installing Dell drivers. I don't believe it was Quickset, I think it was sound drivers, but maybe this will work for you. Try navigating to where the Dell driver extracts to: In your case, Quickset driver package is named R195575. When you executed it, it opened a file extraction dialogue with the default location of C:\dell\drivers\R195575. So navigate that folder and you should find an application file named Setup. Right click>Properties>Compatibility. Check the box for "Run this program in compatiblity mode for:" (Windows XP (Service Pack 2)). Then click ok and execute the file and it just might work.

Obviously you shouldn't have to do this, but it worked in my case.

XPS 720 E6850 8GB 8800GTX 3007WFPHC Vista 64 Ult

Vostro 400

Inspiron 6400