Inspiron 1525 touchpad - new driver

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 1525 touchpad - new driver

This question is not answered

I have the ALPS touchpad with the latest 7.1.1500.2 driver. It does not look like ALPS provides any drivers directly.

I am not having any of the erratic behavior problems I see posted, so I guess I should be thankful.

My problem is that the behavior of this touchpad is substandard. There seems to be a key adjustment missing from the driver, which is part of every other touchpad I have used. What I am talking about is the dynamic response sometimes called acceleration, or motion amplification.

If you move your finger slowly from one side of the touchpad to the other, you should get a small cursor movement. If you make the same motion faster, the cursor should move a much larger distance. This is what allows you to navigate quickly but also to do fine work. I have only used HP, Compaq, and Apple laptops before, and they all have had this feature. Heck, my 5yr old Compaq has a Synaptics touchpad that works great even though I am not using most of its adjustment features.

On my 1525, I can either adjust the touchpad so I can navigate quickly, or do fine work - not both. I find I have to choose between taking forever to get from one side of the screen to the other, or dealing with inaccurate tapping issues.

I might be able to live with the substandard battery life if I could just get the touchpad to work more like a professional tool and less like a toy.

What is the experience of other Dell users?

Have Dell laptops ever had the touchpad feature I am talking about?

I see on the support pages that both ALPS and Synaptics drivers are mentioned. Did some 1525s have a Synaptics touchpad?

All Replies
  • I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR ALL YOUR PROBLEMS .. VISIT MY THREAD HERE ON DELL FORUMS …. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW .. OR COPY AND PASTE ON A INTERNET SEARCH BAR. http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19280661/19505726.aspx#19505726 PLEASE ASK DELL COMMUNITY DEPARTMENT TO AT LEAST SEND ME SOME GIFTS FOR FIXING THESE ISSUES WITH TOUCHPAD.. HAHAHAHA !!!!