Bluetooth will not activate - "Bluetooth is not ready" Error - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Bluetooth will not activate - "Bluetooth is not ready" Error

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Bluetooth will not activate - "Bluetooth is not ready" Error

This question is not answered

I have a Dell XPS M140 with Bluetooth, but I am unable to start the Blue Tooth to connect devices.  I recently bought a mouse, which I cannot connect because of this issue.  I remember the Blue Tooth symbol turning blue before, but not it does not light up.  Whenever I try to run the Bluetooth Settings program I receive the error message, "Bluetooth is not ready."  I have tried to look up solutions, but nothing has worked so far.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks for the help

All Replies
  • Make sure the Bluetooth Service (in Services in Computer management or in Administrative Tools) is set on automatic, not disabled.

XPS M1530, Windows 10 AU Pro 32-bit
    Inspiron E1705, Windows 10 AU Pro 32-bit
    Dimension 9100, Windows 10 AU Pro 32 bit
    Inspiron 660, Windows 10 AU 64 bit
    Compaq DX 4370G, Windows 10 AU 64 bit
    Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 AU 32 bit

• Thanks, I tried that and it worked.  It's now up and running.  I appreciate the help.

• hello,

I have the same issue with bluetooth starting. but I even do not have the bluetooth on the services list.

could somebody pls advise how to solve this?

many thanks.

• If BlueTooth is not listed in Services, then it is not installed. There should be a driver in the Drivers & Downloads section of the Dell User Support for your laptop that needs to be downloaded and installed.

XPS M1530, Windows 10 AU Pro 32-bit
    Inspiron E1705, Windows 10 AU Pro 32-bit
    Dimension 9100, Windows 10 AU Pro 32 bit
    Inspiron 660, Windows 10 AU 64 bit
    Compaq DX 4370G, Windows 10 AU 64 bit
    Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 AU 32 bit