Bluetooth not working in dell inspiron 1525

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Bluetooth not working in dell inspiron 1525

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello,
bluetooth device not working in my dell inspiron 1525 laptop. while installing bluetooth drivers for windows vista it is asking me to press fn+f2 key to enable bluetooth but after using fn+f2 key also it is not working. can anybody please help me to resolve this...

All Replies
  • OK THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO GET THAT BLUETOOTH DRIVER UP....

1) INSTALL THE BLUETOOTH DRIVER PROVIDED FOR YOUR SYSTEM. IT WILL ASK YOU TO ACTIVATE BLUETOOTH BY PRESSING FN+F2  KEY. THIS DOES NOT WORK!

2) YOU MANUALLY INSTALL THE SOFTWARE FOR THE DRIVER...

NOTE : HERE SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE INSTALLED THE DRIVERS ALREADY BUT JUST CANNOT START THE CONNECTION...SO THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE SOFTWARE WHICH BLUETOOTH USES AND NOT THE DRIVER.

FOR INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE FOLLOW THESE STEPS.

3) GO TO YOUR DRIVER INSTALLATION DIRECTORY (EX. C:\dell\drivers) THEN YOU FIND WHICH DRIVER YOU INSTALLED FOR YOUR BLUETOOTH ( FOR INSPIRON 1525 IT IS - R140135 ). HOW DO I KNOW THAT I HAVE THE SAME LAPTOP! ;p

4) THEN YOU FIND YOUR SYSTEM YOU ARE RUNNING ( A 32 BIT OR A 64 BIT ) IT WILL WRITTEN AS Win32 OR Win64.

5) THEN YOU FIND THE INSTALLATION FILE....TYPICALLY IT SET-UP BUT I DONT THINK IN THIS CASE IT IS 'CUZ IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME...SO IT WILL BE SOMETHING LIKE  "INST". IT IS AN APPLICATION.

THERE JUST INSTALL THE APPLICATION AND THEN IT WILL BE ALL READY ONCE AGAIN....

P.S. DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR BLUETOOTH ADAPTER ON AFTER YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

I HOPE THIS IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.
    -------

< Admin Note: E mail ID removed due to TOS violation >

• Welcome to the forums Rocky Wink

rockynaruto

P.S. DONT FORGET TO TURN YOUR BLUETOOTH ADAPTER ON AFTER YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

In a similar vein... I hope you don't forget to turn your Caps Lock OFF in future posts Idea

Typing everything in CAPITALS, actually makes what's been said more difficult to read - not easier Wink

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• I still could not run the installation. An error message comes up telling me that it will only work on Vista, and I have Vista on my computer....

I'm really not sure what to do now.

• hmm...you might have to check up which software you are installing? may be you clicked on win32 while you might have win64 bit? OR the most important you didn't install the driver in first place (R140135)...OR you might not have the same laptop...your model might be different. so what i suggest is that you go to dell website and then search your driver properly for your computer model and then follow these steps...

• I've followed the above instructions to a Tee but can't continue because this message pops up and won't let me past. "Bluetooth Software license file not found. [3]"

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do now?

• Hi there, is your problem fixed?  I had a similar problem with mine too - I reformatted my inspiron 1525 to put windows7 and trying to install the blue tooth driver and got the same messages you got. I was exploring around and i was able to find a solution, so hopefully it will work for you.

So firstly, insert the cd with drivers that dell gives you, and find the bluetooth software that you want to install. If the CD you have is the same as mine, then you'll have to extract the file onto the laptop and it'll automatically running. When extracting it'll ask for a location for where the files are sent (for me it was c:/dell/drivers/<folder name>. Take note of the name and extract it and let it try install automatically.

Eventually, you'll get the message you've written up above. At this point, cancel installation and head to the folder that you took note of before. mine was "c:/dell/drivers/R140135" and go into the next folder. Then in this folder there should be a couple of items. In mine, i see "custom", "win32", "win64" folders and a couple of files. If you have a 64 bit OS go into "win64" folder, and "win32" if you have 32bit OS. Then scroll down till you find the "inst" set up file

Hopefully, the laptop should be doing something. Eventually, something will pop up, saying that you need to turn on blue tooth. Don't worry about that, just press cancel, and hopefully you'll get the message that it installed successfully. Look at your taskbar and look for the program, and turn the adapter on 

Hope this works for you.

• i did exactly that and i look and it isnt in the taskbar but in the bios is says enabled, same with the services and processes so im completely stumped, i swear for the bt driver everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for me:( plz help me ive been looking for answers for 6 hrs str8

• what you can do is try installing dell quickset and enable the radio features from there, see if that works.

• thanks   for your hlep

• Wow, thanks for this info. It never really occurred to me to turn on bluetooth on the laptop until today, only to find out the driver was never installed due to a crash two years ago...Worked to a T. Thanks again.

Joey

• I ve installed a bluetooth driver 355 for my inspiron 1525 and selected win 32 bit and launched 'inst.exe' and installed correctly. Restarted my laptop and NO BLUETOOTH ICON APPEARED IN THE TRAY. NO BLUETOOTH SHOWN IN THE DEVICE MANAGER. WIFI SWITCHED ON. HOW TO SWITCH ON THE BLUETOOTH ADAPTER? PLS HELP ME.

• Vidhyasathya,

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Rick,  in my laptop bias-setup, bluetooth, wireless everything is enabled. Though it didn't work for the past one week even after new installation. Fortunately it works from today morning. Thank you. I thank you so much for your prompt reply and link  guidance.

• Vidhyasathya,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thnaks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• i am having the same problem. i am running windows vista 32 bit. when i first recieved my laptop the bluetooth was working,. then i asked my friend to remove bloat ware, he did. he also asked if i wanted blue tooth removed i said sure. i didn't have anything that used it at the time.

so. i checked bios, bluetooth is enabled, and i installed the driver, r140135, then when it got to the point about turning it on. i went to c\programfiled widcomm, and hit the blue tray and nothing happened. restarted and nothing. :( any ideas?