Sleep Button

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Sleep Button

• I have an Inspiron 5150 with two batteries that I rotate on a semi-weekly basis.  When I go into Power Management, one of the options available is to press the Sleep Button.

I know that when I close the top, my machine goes into hybernation.  When I press the On/Off button it goes into sleep mode, but....

Where is the Sleep Button on my machine? 

This isn't a a problem, its just that curious minds like to know. 

• The "button" is actually a key combination. It should be either Fn+Esc or Fn+F1. Look at the small blue labels on the keyboard to double-check.

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• Looks like I have a foreign language computer. :smileysad:  My Esc key says in blue...."Suspend."

Or does "Suspend" mean "Sleep?" 

Maybe Dell made it that way because they knew that I was "suspended" for "sleeping."  :smileyvery-happy: 

• Haha! :smileyvery-happy:

Yup, Suspend equals Sleep. It could be Suspend, Sleep, Stand By, or a moon icon.

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1