Inspiron 1525 Graphics Problems When Running Cad Software??

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 1525 Graphics Problems When Running Cad Software??

• I have a brand new inspiron 1525 and IM trying to use mastercam v9,X,and X2, and I keep on getting trails and lines not popping up when I draw them, this software worked perfect on my cheap 4yr old walmart e-machine computer w/integrated graphics and this laptop is brand new and can't handle it. Anyways I did some searching around and found out that other graphics cards have this same exact problem with this software, the solution was to "Go to the graphics card settings, and to the “Open GL Settings”. Deselect the “Use unified back/depth buffer” setting". They say this will fix the problem, can I do this with my Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100?? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?? I want to install a graphics card but I know installing a graphics card is impossible with this laptop!!! Why dell why!!!!! lol

Bryan

• Is the software compatible with Vista?
  • Yes, the software is compatible with vista, the new version of mastercam x2 just came out and it does the same thing. From what ive figured out alot of people have this same problem and just need to make some adjustments to the graphics setting but i cant figure out how to find those settings. I think the integrated graphics are good enough to run this software its just some setting need to be tweaked like what i mentioned above.

thanks'

bryan