roaches

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

roaches

• I just noticed little roaches crawling into my laptop.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?
  • Do you eat alot around it? if you do i would get a can of compressed air and do a good blowout of crumbs and stuff. If there is sticky stuff take some cotton balls and rubbing alchcolo and do a good cleaning. Dont use water because it could seep in and fry the wiring.

If you can take apart the comptuer and do a whole cleaning. Let us know if this helps

• thanks.  will try that.  I do eat around it but am careful.  I think they just like the warmth that's generated, like some other appliances.
  • Roaches? Yikes, that's a scary thought! 

I've had ants crawl into the CPU fan exhaust of my D610 before, but they get blown out pretty quickly. I agree on using compressed air, I do that frequently to get rid of dust and crumbs. My system still looks like new! :smileyhappy:

If there's lots of stuff in the keyboard, remove it and use compressed air to clean it somewhere else.

[View:http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q74/robin24k/cv_sig.jpg]

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• thanks for that.  will try the compressed air.
  • After that there is a product that contains boric acid. It goes by roach kill and other powders. Put that behind your outlets and any place a child or pet cannot reach. That will take care of them. Best thing to do if it is a big problem is to drill a hole every 18" in the wall and squirt the stuff in there good. Then patch the holes and repaint. It solved the roach problem in the first house I bought. :smileysurprised: Oooppsss this is a computer forum. I agree, get a can of compressed air and blow it clean. :smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Odius on 03-30-2008 08:50 PM

Rodney Ulanowicz

XPS M1730