Inspiron 8600 Blue Screen Error unmountable_boot_volume

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 8600 Blue Screen Error unmountable_boot_volume

• I have a Dell Inspirion 8600 with Windows XP. I can no longer get into windows whenever I start my computer, a blue screen will come up with a critical error that says;

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

***STOP: 0x000000ED  (0x8337A708, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000 0x00000000)

Restart in Safe Mode and resolve issue, when I start in Safe Mode it just brings me back to the Blue Screen

I have done a little resaearch but still do not know what to do.

I saw one thing that said to startup while holding Fn and do a full test, which I did I had two errors throughout the whole thing;

Error Code 0F00:0244
    Message Block 3110001 Uncorrectable data error or Media is write Protected

and

Error Code 0F00:1A44
    Message Block 3110001 Uncorrectable data error or Media is write Protected

I do not know what this means or how to fix it, I'm not the greatest with computers.

I need someone who has a sollution and can maybe give me some detailed steps how to fix my computer.

If I can't solve or fix the issue I will need some advice on how to recover my information as I can't actually get into windows to retreive it.

Thanks
  • The drive is failing. Mount it in an external, 2.5" drive shell, and attach it to a working system. Copy what you can read to the working system's hard drive.

Then replace the drive - any 2.5", 9.5 mm 120G or smaller, EIDE drive (NOT SATA) can be used as a replacement.
  • you can try to repair this by booting to recovery console and using the chkdsk /r command.