Latitude D830 keyboard question....

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude D830 keyboard question....

• Hotkey for the right arrow shows a blue keyboard with a light above it. When I press the Fn key and the right arrow nothing happens. Does anyone know what this key is for? I was assuming it was for a backlit keyboard option, but I can't find any info anywhere? Any ideas?
  • According to the Latitude D830 manual, the right arrow key has no function. So, nothing is wrong with your computer.. but their is no hotkey for it. At least I didn't find a function for it in the manual. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd830/en/UG_EN/keyboard.htm#wp1050734
  • I ended up calling Dell, and they said the key is there in preparation for a backlit keyboard. Why the key is on there now is strange however. Tech support said that Dell does not have the rights yet for the backlit option, and the motherboard does not support it. But he did say that when the option becomes available, that I can have the MOBO and the keyboard swapped out. I'm sure for a hefty price.
  • Has anyone heard anything further on the backlit keyboard option?
  • Hello,

I've bought mine early in 2009, but they say it was shipped in july 2008.

Still, it's the same situation: the button is marked as described, but nothing happens while pressing it with the Fn combination.