BIOS (Inspiron 6400)

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

BIOS (Inspiron 6400)

• Hello, i have a laptop Inpiron 6400 and 2 weeks ago i bought an IPOD. At the beginning my laptop did not recognise it, i checked one forum on the internet and one option to fix this problem was to upgrade my BIOS.

I did that, I went to support.euro.com and downloaded the A012 version (my original version was A03) but after this change a blue screen appears telling me something like:

- BIOS memory (something)...try disable shadowing or caching options.
    - Technical information....stop: 0x000000f4 (0x0000003,0x85543020,0x85543194,0x805D117A)
    - Beginning dump of physical memory.

It is a nightmare, every 10 min this blue screen appears and my laptop is dead....i have installed BIOS A05, A07..i think all the A's for this laptop...AN THE SAME. I am not very good with computers if somebody can help me....IT WILL  BE VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!.

I have also restored my pc (PC Restore by Symantec)..but nothing.

HELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

THANKS

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 12-31-200610:39 AM

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 12-31-200610:48 AM

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 12-31-200610:52 AM

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 12-31-200610:52 AM

• are you able to enter bios setup by tapping F2 at startup?
  • I think you will find the likely cause a coincidence - it looks like you have a failing hard drive.

Power on, press F12, and load the Dell diagnostics. Run the extended (surface) test on the hard drive.
  • Hi, thanks for answer my msg.

Bacillus, i can open the BIOS setup went i press F2 but i dont see anything related to shadowing or caching.

EJN63, i did the test and everything was ok...all tests passed, no problem.

Any other idea about this problem?

Thanks

• Which test did you do? The 10-minute one or the 2-hour (or so) one?
  • Hi, I have done all of them (Express Test, Extended, Custom and Symptom Tree) and all the time nothing wrong.
  •  

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 01-01-200701:17 PM

•  
    I

Message Edited by hmoreta2007 on 01-01-200701:17 PM

• Hi, i dowloaded Windows Internet Explorer 7 and now in the blue screen appears the same information that i said before plus this:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

and something like: WIN32.SYS ADDRESS BF918335 BASE AT BF800000

I also have problems with my internet now and a msg like this appears:

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PSAPI.DLL IS NOT A VALID WINDOWS IMAGE. Please check this against your installation diskette.
  • hi.............look this blue screen come from the (ram) ....that when your ram are not able to tolerate all the programs .... then this blue screen appear....try to do this
    ........go to my computer ,,,,then right click ,,,,then properties...the advance,,,,then setup and recovery settings the (u can see something called (write dubgging information)....change from small memory dump to complete memory dump try this maybe it's benefit...
  • I too own a inspiron 6400 and I tried and the PEOPLE AT DELL tried to update my bios with no sucess. I cant remember the error it gave but it wouldnt update. whats up with that?
  • this is an add to my last message the error I get is "an unexpected error occured while running the flash application please  reboot and try again. and this is the update for bios that dell has for my laptop. I have XP running on mine according to microsoft it is not recommended for me to update to vista unless I do update the bios. go figure