Ethernet, Network, and video controller, and PCI Device are missing from my Inspiron 1300

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Ethernet, Network, and video controller, and PCI Device are missing from my Inspiron 1300

• when I go to the device manager my Ethernet Controller, Network Controller,  video contoller, video controller (VGA Compatible), and PCI Device are missing from my Inspiron 1300.  I tried to find the find the find the drivers and install them but no luck so far.  I not sure what to look for when the Ethernet controller shows as unknown.  What am I doing wrong?

need help

phareel
  • You should of gotten a driver disc if not then you must go to the drivers and downloads for your system.. They are available in support section. It is fairly easy to navigate to your system.. Good Luck..

• did you recently re-install Windows?

you need to get the CHIPSET driver.
  • Thanks for your help.  I tried downloading but I can't find what I need there.  I downloaded some files but, it doesn't seem to have changed anything.  I went to the device manager again to install the driver but it will not install.

phareel
  • Greetings!

Yes I install the chipset.  But I don't see any difference.  What is this suppose to do?

phareel
  • Greetings,

Thank you for your help.  This was very helpful information.  I was able to download the needed driver and use my D-Link router.