Keyboard stuck in Fn mode

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Keyboard stuck in Fn mode

• The subject line speaks for itself. I have to press the Fn key for the "k" key, for instance, not to come up as a "3". Anyone know how to sh4t th5s 6ff?
  • Tell us all how you did this, there are a few people on here that have been trying to get this function working, hehe.
  • Try this, hit the SHIFT key 3x fast, pause 1sec, hit SHIFT 3x again, sticky keys should come up, and should reset the keyboard....
  • I have not yet found what the Fn key does. Can you point me to a manual or help topic? Thanks.

• kerwin nailor wrote:
    I have not yet found what the Fn key does. Can you point me to a manual or help topic? Thanks.

The Fn ( Function ) Key allows you to use all of the functions marked in BLUE on the keyboard. However usually you MUST hold the Fn key when using the functions in blue.

Message Edited by B_Coppins on 09-21-2006 11:30 AM

• 38In,

Did you figure this out? I think you will find that numlock is turned on. See if turning it off fixes your problem.
  • i have t5he same problem and cant5 fix it5 please help me!!!!
  • num lock. hehe.
  • in bios, my keybd isn' affected---noeffect in the date or time..this only happens after boot and login. by pressing the fn key where the secondary functions lie, i can work around it. he numlock in bios is only for an xternal keybd. Where n the regstry or driver d6es th5s ta2e affect. hard to read--isn't it.   Win 2000   ispiron 3800
  • press shft and nmlock together at same time

Message Edited by trippyjim on 03-20-2007 11:30 PM
  • Sorry missed some words in last post.
    Try hitting shft and nmlock together at same time this will turn this function on and off.

Message Edited by trippyjim on 03-20-2007 11:32 PM
  • Thanks--that did the trick.  Funny, I have had this laptop for a few years and never noticed the numlock key.