Vostro 3500 webcam and sound drivers

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Vostro 3500 webcam and sound drivers

This question is not answered

Hi friends

I have a vostro 3500 model. After I re-installed windows 7 last time, I could not get webcam or mic drivers installed.

I tried installing Dell webcam manager, but it seems like it cannot detect the camera.

could anyone please help. 

All Replies
  • Hi jojo3500,

I would like to know if the drives were installed in the order given in the below link:

http://dell.to/P0Ddgn

Also find the link below for the drivers for this model:

http://dell.to/OEdbQe

After the drivers are installed in the given order from the links give above, I suggest that you install the webcam software by clicking on the link below:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Revert to this post for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    Dell Social Media and Community Professional
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Hi jojo3500,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Sorry for taking long..

In connection with the drivers` link you gave, I did not install  them according to the given sequence.

I am not sure if this could be the reason for having no mic sound or webcam. 

I tried the link for webcam software you gave above, it seems those are monitor but not laptop webcam. 

I also installed them but still the webcam seems to be absent from the system, the application keeps on confirming that the hardware is absent from the system.

Is it possible for the webcam to be damaged when re-installing OS?

• Hi jojo3500,

Yes, not installing the drivers in order may impact the way the system functions.

By reinstalling the Operating System Webcam will not get damaged instead the drivers will go missing.   Since you are getting an error message that Webcam is not found, I recommend you to run diagnostics on the Webcam.

Please click on the below link:

http://dell.to/QhZhXV

Under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’ select ‘Component’, from the  listed components under ‘Make a Selection’  select ‘Camera’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Hi Sujatha

I followed the instructions as given above.

Now the problem is that though I am able to download Diagnostics installation, it cannot run/ install.

I just double click but there is  no response...

Could it be a problem with my laptop?

• Hi jojo3500,

Since you are unable to run diagnostics from the link given in the post, you may run the test following the instruction below:

To run diagnostics restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. This will run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system which may take around 5 minutes.  Next Press N for no when it asks you to continue Memory test.

Next the option listed will be: ‘Test Memory’, ‘Test System’ and Exit. Please select ‘Test System’.  Then there will be option to run ‘Express test’, ‘Extended Test’, ‘Custom Test’ and ‘Symptom Tree’. Select Custom test and click on ‘Imaging Devices’ and hit enter. Reply with the status of the test for further assistance.

This test will isolate if the issue is hardware or software related.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Hi Sujatha K

I have done diagnostics tests following your response.

Unfortunately I cannot attach an image, I wanted to send it to you to see the results.

On the last test, 'Custom test' the 'Imaging devices' don`t appear. All other devices are there but only this one.

I really get puzzled now...

• jojo3500
    Unfortunately I cannot attach an image, I wanted to send it to you to see the results.

See the FAQ How to Insert a Screen Shot into a Post. Same instructions work for any image.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Hi jojo3500,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

•  [

Hi Sujatha

I guess I didn't see the response earlier.

This is the screen I got when doing diagnostics. 

• The lower part of the picture doesn't appear fully. Below CD-ROM icons the last icon is "HARD DRIVE" icon

• Hi jojo3500,

Thank you for the picture. I want you to do this one last step that is to check if the webcam is listed in Device manager. Click on ‘Start’ and in the search box type ‘Device Manager’, and from the list, click on ‘Device Manager’ folder. In the device manager window, under ‘Imaging devices, check for ‘Integrated Webcam’. If it is not listed under ‘Imaging Devices’, check under ‘Other devices’. In case, it is not listed under ‘Other Devices’, I request you to follow the steps given below:

Restart the system and at the dell logo, tap the F2 key on the keyboard every two seconds. In the BIOS screen press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save. Press ‘ESC’ to exit from the BIOS screen. Once the system comes up to the desktop, check once again under ‘Device ‘Manager’ if the device is detected. In case not detected, I suspect the webcam is faulty.

Please click on the link below to check the warranty of the system. In case the system is under warranty, send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further.  Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

http://dell.to/Mbe3zg

Please contact the Out of warranty department If the system is not under warranty,  the number is 800-288-4410 if you are in US region, for UK region the number is 844-338-1000 and for Canada the number is 1-800-847-4096  .  If you belong to a different region, let me know the region you belong to give you the contact information.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers