{MOVED}Dell Xps Jbl speaker problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

{MOVED}Dell Xps Jbl speaker problem

This question is not answered

Hi,

I am having a Dell Xps 14 laptop. The Jbl speakers were working fine till last month(Nov 2012). Suddenly i am getting crackling sound from the speakers, when i play any audio or any video files. But when i connect any headphones or any external speakers, it is working fine. Please suggest some solution for me. Thanks in advance.

Rajesh kumar

All Replies
  • Hi rajesh_kumar1989,

The issue is with the speakers. Reason is you had connected headphone and external speakers and that’s working fine.

I do request you to provide the service tag number on a private chat and I will get back to you on the warranty status.

Below details will help you on how to send me a private chat.

I have added you as a friend.

Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘NIKHIL M ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well.

Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the service tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action.

You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nikhil M
    #iworkfordell

• Dear Nikhil,

Hye there, actually i'm facing the same problem about the speaker sound system as liked Mr. Rajesh Kumar.

Could you give me some advise what should i do?

Thanks.

Regard,

Anwar Khan Nasir 

• [edited by jimco]

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• hi

I am having Dell xps 15 . ( service tag HJ4WBR1) The JBL speakers were working till last month, suddenly am getting cracking sound from   the speakers, when i play audio or video. But when i connect any headphones it working fine, please suggest solution for me. 

NAUSHADKM.

• Hello. If you want to test whether the speakers are going bad, remove your IDT audio driver.

Go to Start>Control Panel>View by Category>Uninstall a Program. Go down the list to "IDT Audio" and uninstall it. Restart the laptop and Windows will install its own native audio driver. If you still hear the crackling with the native driver then the speakers are failing.

To get rid of the native driver just download a fresh copy of the IDT driver from Dell and install it.

• Dear Nikhil,

Even I am facing the same problem. My XPS 14 speakers are producing a crackling sound always. Headphones work fine for me too.

Kindly advice me also.

Regards

Jithin

• Hello Nikil,

I am using Dell XPS L502X. The same problem of cracking sound from my speaker exists and I need to repair it.

So kindly guide me as how to replace it.

Thanks 

• Karthik Raja

Hello Nikil,

I am using Dell XPS L502X. The same problem of cracking sound from my speaker exists and I need to repair it.

So kindly guide me as how to replace it.

Hello. Nikil has been gone from the forum for quite a few months.

If you want to test whether the speakers are going bad, try using the native Windows driver as I suggested a few posts above this. Also be aware that there are other reasons that speakers can have noises. See the Choppy/Shipping Audio FAQ for solutions that worked for other owners.

If you have determined that the speakers need replacing, download the XPS L502x Service Manual from this page. It is available in a variety of languages, and it will provide step by step instructions for replacing the speakers.

Note: when you follow the links to the manual, you will be able to view it in your browser; however you should perform an additional step and open it in Adobe Reader in order to view the manual properly. When you are working on your laptop you should have the manual open in another computer within viewing range. If that is not practical then you should print out the manual after opening it in Adobe Reader.