dell inspiron 14z ultrabook sound problems

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dell inspiron 14z ultrabook sound problems

This question has suggested answer(s)

I bought a dell inspiron 14 z on August 10,2012. There is a nitense "cooing" sound whenever i try to talk on skype or try to test record. Kindly help resolve the problem.

All Replies
  • Hi Rparshad,

I can understand it can be annoying to get unwanted sounds when talking to somebody. Please let me know if you get the same sound when you use any other application or only when using Skype? Do you get this noise at all times when using the computer? You can also try the following steps.

1. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers. To uninstall the audio drivers, Click on Start Right click on Computer Device Manager. Expand Sound, video and game controllers  right click and choose uninstall and restart the computer.

2. Click on the link to download the drivers.

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-14z-5423

3. Try uninstalling Skype from the computer and install again. To uninstall Skype from the computer, Click on Start Control panel  Programs and features, look for Skype, Right click and choose uninstall.

4. Click on the link to download Skype.

www.skype.com/.../download

5. Alternately, run the diagnostics on the computer to ensure that hardware is working well.

6. To run the ePSA diagnostics,

a. Turn off the computer; Restart the computer and Press <F12> at the Dell logo.

b.On the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press <Enter> to begin ePSA.

c. Write down any error codes obtained during the ePSA diagnostics.

ePSA begins by checking an area in system memory to ensure it is suitable for loading and execution. Once loaded, ePSA creates a graphical menu listing all discovered devices in the system. The diagnostics start executing until a failure, or if all testing is successful, prompts to perform extended testing.

NOTE: When exiting the diagnostics, there is an option to reboot the system. This will be indicated in the final prompt.

Do write back for further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• Hi, 

I've a Dell Inspiron Ultrabook. My audio/sound suddenly stopped working. Not sure what the problem. Can you please help?

Thanks

• Hi Shailguj,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please let me know the complete system model name and operating system so that I may assist you better.

Thanks and regards,
    Babita S
    #iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

• shailguj
    My audio/sound suddenly stopped working.

Hello shailguj. Try these steps.

1. First plug in headphones and listen for audio. This is to discover if the audio is working as far as the headphone jack.

2. Try Windows System Restore. This will not affect your personal data. In Windows Vista or 7, type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. Pick a date from before the problem first appeared.

3. Re-install your audio driver. This step can sometimes fix problems because when you re-install the driver its configuration is restored to its default settings. That helps if the problem is being caused by an incorrect setting.

shailguj
    Not sure what the problem.

If the above steps don't fix the problem, see the "No Audio" FAQ for the steps to take to diagnose the symptom of no audio. If you need more help please do as DELL-Babita S requested and include the full model name of your laptop and the name of your operating system.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• DELL-Babita S
    Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Hi DELL-Babita S. Welcome to the Laptop Audio discussion board section of the Dell Community Forum. You might be interested in the Laptop Audio FAQs.

DELL-Babita S
    Please let me know

Or maybe "Please let US know", since this is the Dell Community and there are others of us who comprise the community and are trying to help the folks who come here for advice.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member