Stereo mix on Vostro Windows 7

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Stereo mix on Vostro Windows 7

This question is answered

Hello,

I have a Vostro 3550 running Windws 7 64bit.

The stereo mix option is not available in the settings for the sound card. I've updated the drivers from the Dell website but no difference.

In the recording settings the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is marked as 'unavailable'.  

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

Verified Answer
  • Bob755
    Im actually trying to find a solution equivalent to stereo mix for recording audio streams.

Rec.Playback will record streams. You can only have one recording source at a time, so make sure nothing else is the default source including mics. If it still is unavailable right click and look in "show disabled devices" to see if it is disabled.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

All Replies
  • Bob755
    The stereo mix option is not available in the settings for the sound card.

Hello. IDT does not have "stereo mix". Only Sigmatel and Realtek have that recording source. Some of the IDT drivers have a similar function called Rec. Playback.  On the Sounds properties it would look like this:

On the IDT Control panel it looks like this:

Bob755
    In the recording settings the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is marked as 'unavailable'.  

I don't know what you mean by the codec is unavailable. If you don't see the word "IDT" on the Sounds properties that means that the IDT driver is not installed.

• jimco
    I don't know what you mean by the codec is unavailable.

Okay, I see what happened. You saw on the screen the words "X Device IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Currently unavailable", but you left out which device is unavailable, making it look like the codec (the IDT audio hardware on the motherboard) is unavailable.

Which device is unavailable?

• Sorry. I didn't indicate which device is marked as unavailable because I have a French version of Windows. It probably translates to something like 'Recording.Playback'. There is an icone of a sound card. The driver appears to be installed. I did see it change to 'ready' (or something lile that) but only for a few seconds.

Im actually trying to find a solution equivalent to stereo mix for recording audio streams.

• OK I just saw your earlier post with a screen shot. That's exactly what I have

• Bob755

Rec.Playback will record streams. You can only have one recording source at a time, so make sure nothing else is the default source including mics. If it still is unavailable right click and look in "show disabled devices" to see if it is disabled.

• OK, I just made it the default source and I can now record streams.  Thanks for help.

• im look for new stereo mix file  

• dell 1505
    im look for new stereo mix file  

Hello. You have to tell us the full model name of your laptop and the name of your operating system for us to be able to help you.