DELL Latitude E6410 Display port HDMI audio problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

DELL Latitude E6410 Display port HDMI audio problem

This question is not answered

Dear Support Team,

I have got an E6410 with a DP > HDMI converter. The video part is working fine on the TV but the audio does not work at all (is still remain on laptop).

I have downloaded and installed the latest software and drivers form  dell.com for this type of laptop but the problem is still the same (TAG : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> OS Windows 7. 32 bit)

Do you have any Idea ?

Regards

Peter

All Replies
  • If you have an Nvidia graphics card, then you need to ensure you see "NVIDIA HD Audio" listed under Sound, Video and Game Controllers in Device Manager.  If you do not see this, then that is why you can't hear audio.

I would recommend going to the Nvidia Website and downloading the latest Graphics Driver for the Notebook Video card you have and see if the HD Audio device appears. If it does not appear, then you should call Dell Tech support to find out why.

• I also have an E6410 with a DP>HDMI converter. As the above post mentions, the video works fine on my TV, but the audio comes out on the laptop. I have all of the NVIDIA HD audio drivers, but it doesn't help. How about a real response and solution to this problem?

• O.k. I fixed the problem, which involves the use of the lates NVIDIA driver posted on the Dell website. The latest NVIDIA driver for the E6410 causes the problem that prevents audio from being transmitted through the DP>HDMI converter to the TV. To fix the problem, use the NVIDIA driver found on the recovery disk that comes with the computer. Then, under HD audio settings under the NVIDIA control panel, select the TV as the default device. The audio then will feed through to the TV.

This is another case of a supposed upgrade fixing a problem which wasn't a problem in the first place. It's unfortunate that no one at Dell has been able to figure this out.

• O.k. I fixed the problem, which involves the use of the lates NVIDIA driver posted on the Dell website. The latest NVIDIA driver for the E6410 causes the problem that prevents audio from being transmitted through the DP>HDMI converter to the TV. To fix the problem, use the NVIDIA driver found on the recovery disk that comes with the computer. Then, under HD audio settings under the NVIDIA control panel, select the TV as the default device. The audio then will feed through to the TV.

This is another case of a supposed upgrade fixing a problem which wasn't a problem in the first place. It's unfortunate that no one at Dell has been able to figure this out.