What can i do to fix my microphone that is having a 1 second delay? How can I fix this? Do I need a certain driver or a certain order of installing drivers??

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

What can i do to fix my microphone that is having a 1 second delay? How can I fix this? Do I need a certain driver or a certain order of installing drivers??

This question is not answered

Inspiron 1420 Windows Xp

OTHER DEVICES

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After downgrading from Windows 7 to XP Im STILL having a microphone delay! Does anyone know the cure for this problem!?!?!? please help me.

The only equipment i am using is a usb microphone; The audio program i am using is Cubase 5.0 I highly dought this delay has anything to do with my microphone or my audio program seeing that I used similar devices and  audio programs 10 years ago and it worked fine (but on a older computer and OS~Millennium Edition). I think it might have to do with the new way they have made computers in the last decade. Is it possible that they have made these computers with Latency built in? PLease can anyone tell me what to do!?

All Replies
  • Please explain what you mean a bit more. I am assuming that between the time you speak into the mic and the time you hear yourself through the speakers or headphones there is a delay. If my assumption is correct then you probably have input monitoring enabled in Cubase (I have Sonar -- I do not know the Cubase terminology for that function). Turn it off to eliminate the lag.

When an audio signal passes through a DAW program latency develops because of the time it takes for the program to process the signal. To directly monitor the signal before it passes through the program see Laptop Audio Faq's & Facts.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member