speakers not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

speakers not working

This question is not answered

I test my speakers but there is no sound.  I go into settings and it indicates the drivers are working properly.

I have used my speakers for two years just fine.  All of a sudden they don't work.  I use an exterior speaker system that I plug into the middle port in front of my laptop and it has worked fine.  I took my laptop on a trip and sound did not work.  the flat buttons on the face of my keyboard top indicates that it is not muted.

could I have a defective speaker?

All Replies
  • Hi, It does look like your speakers have gone, if you have, or can get, another set of speakers to test with, to see if it is your speakers. Mind you, 2 years use of an electronic item is not bad. I dont know what sound card along with software you have, but, creative do have a diagnostic software for their hardware. if anything goes wrong, then it can be tested.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

• Hello. This is a specific problem that plagues the laptops and there is a faq that explains how to diagnose it. Go to the Laptop Audio Faq's and read the Headphone Jack faq.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member