Sigmatel Driver for Win 7 - Audio - Laptop - Dell Community

Sigmatel Driver for Win 7

Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Sigmatel Driver for Win 7

This question is not answered

I recently upgraded (?) my Inspiron 6400 to Win7.  Although I now regret doing it, I need to sort it out as I cannot go back to Vista.  Is there a Sigmatel audio driver for Win7?  Dell does not offer a driver.  I visited the manufacturer's site and they do not offer OEM support. 

All Replies
  • The Vista driver, on the Dell downloads, should work for Win 7.  I've upgraded several different PC's, a laptop of my own and several client's PC's and the Vista drivers, including sound, worked for all of these.  Win 7 is basically Vista "Improved".

What indication or error are you getting?  Have you tried installing the Dell driver? 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with ASRock Z77 Professional, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 10 64 bit Pro. SSD drive.  Sonar Platinum Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

• I'm not sure if they're compatible but I'm running Windows 7 on my Inspiron 9300 and her's my info:

R99254 dell windows 7 sigmatel c-major audio driver:

Title      : Audio:SIGMATEL STAC 975X AC97 Driver
    Version    : A03
    OEM Name   : SIGMATEL
    OEM Ver    :
    Computers  : Inspiron - 6000, 9300, 9200, 2200, 1200, XPS Gen 2;
    Latitude - D610, D810, 110L, D510, D410, X1;
    Precision - M20, M70;
    XPS - MXG051
    Oses       : Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 3.x Pro-SBE, Windows Vista 32-bit Business, Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic, Windows Vista 32-bit Home PremiumWindows Vista 32-bit UltimateWindows XP Home EditionWindows XP Professional
    Languages  : Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese-S, Chinese-T, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
    Created    : Tue Jan 23 13:52:44 CST 2007

• Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

1. decompresses (email me at  for the new driver )

2. to open your system first, in the window directory entered c:\Windows\system32\Driverstore\FileRepository to find the folder wdmaudio.inf_x86_neutral_aed2a4456700dfde

3. a right click to  obtains the administrator property rights of the folder (wdmaudio.inf_x86_neutral_aed2a4456700dfde)

4. open (wdmaudio.inf_x86_neutral_aed2a4456700dfde) the folder to delete all files.

5. returns to the folder which you just decompressed

6. Copy all 7 files of new driver to folder "wdmaudio.inf_x86_neutral_aed2a4456700dfde"

7. re-installs the sound card

Any question, email me

Good Luck

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

• Hello, this same problem that exists when upgrading from XP to Vista. Dell already has posted a solution to this, with a suitable update here: