Where to download soundblaster software for 14z

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Where to download soundblaster software for 14z

This question is not answered

Hi, i just received my 14z and decided to go for the clean install. Wiped everything and now i dont have the soundblaster software enabled anymore. Its the $25 option. Can anyone show me where to re-download this? Thanks

All Replies
  •  

What is the model (Inspiron, Latitude, Studio etc) of your Dell laptop computer and the operating system? I have not heard of one named 14z and have not been able to find it by searching.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• jimco

What is the model (Inspiron, Latitude, Studio etc) of your Dell laptop computer and the operating system? I have not heard of one named 14z and have not been able to find it by searching.

jimco

you can Google it and it comes up with a Dell page for the system. I think it is some model version of a studio 14

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

•  

Davet50, thanks for being helpful -- as ever.

s54flexin, Dell sometimes releases new models faster than they can create the support structure. There does not yet seem to be a downloads page for your model. I don't know if this will help but it is the Soundblaster XFi MB software for some of the other Studio models with Vista.

Dell will probably have a page up for your model before long.

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Hey guys thanks for all the input. And the model is the studio 14z or the other name for it is the 1440. jimco, thanks for that im gonna check that out.

• HERE is the Driver and support page for your system. You should in the future refer to the system as a Dell Studio 1440. I hate the new way Dell is designating laptop system by just using the first two numbers of the model. It make is hard for the inexperienced to find info on the support site.

Now there is no listing for the soundblaster under the Audio section. If you did indeed have an upgrade you should have gotten a disk with the computer with the soundblaster programs and drivers on it.

Now as another idea try going HERE, follow the steps to setup an account and register. You may find the software there.

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Yeah thats what I thought but i went thru all my disks and it wasnt there. I call customer support and they said that they dont offer it on the disk(no idea why). Then he directed me to the site you just gave me, and said that the drivers should be on there in a couple days. Been a week and still nothing. So maybe ill just save my money and get an external sound card instead.

Also is there anyway to ask Dell for a refund of that option since I never got the driver disk for it?

•  I too am having this issue... I spent 40 minutes on an Online chat, and another 30 minutes on the phone with anotehr tech person... Both were unable to help resolve the issue. They say the software will not be availble as an online download becuase it's a "purchased" software.   I asked if they could send me a CD, and they said No it doesn't exsist.  They tell me to go Creative's website and download the drivers from there which is not even a solution because it does not exsist there.   Now I'm looking into calling to get a refund.   So from what it seems like, if you ever format your computer you lose the software forever.