no volume

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

no volume

This question is answered

I have a dell inspiron 6400- I have no sound , can any one please help

Verified Answer
  • the sound was set to a digital output device, I have now changed this to the PC speakers and I now have sound, thanks alot -Gary

All Replies
  • Did it ever work? what os are you running?

When did it stop working. Did you get any microsoft updates?

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• yes it has worked, windows vista, can`t remember when it stopped working, I get updates all the time from Mcafee and sometimes from microsoft

• open device manage and look at the sound listing and note if there are anythings with either a ! or X next to them

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• there are no a ! or x

• open controll panel and select the sound icon. make sure your sound is set to the pc speakers, is unmuted.

Forum member since 2003

• the sound was set to a digital output device, I have now changed this to the PC speakers and I now have sound, thanks alot -Gary