Inspiron 1525 Audio Driver for XP

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 1525 Audio Driver for XP

• I purchased an Inspiron 1525. After speaking with presales support, I was told, with dilligent work on my part and searching the Internet, I should be able to acquire the necessary drivers to get my laptop up and running in Windows XP.

I'm happy to proclaim that I have found the majority of the drivers, other than the Sigmatel STAC9228 audio driver. All I can find and Dell support stated that there are no audio drivers.

HELP, I really need a laptop to work in XP since my software and hardware don't and won't work in Vista.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Because you have to have XP, I strongly suggest that you return the laptop and get one pre-loaded with XP. Dell does not support XP on your model at this time. Whether or not it will in the future is anybody's guess. Here is your downloads page which I'm sure you have already seen. If Dell starts supporting XP then XP will show up in the Operating System dropdown box.
    1525 Vista downloads page

Besides the problem of not being able to get an audio driver, in the future if you ever have to use PC Restore to return your computer to its original configuration you will only end up with a Vista computer again. In addition, it is Dell's policy to only support their pre-loaded operating systems, so you will never be certain of support.

Having said that, others in your position in the past have resolved it by trying drivers from other Inspiron and Latitude computers until they found one that will work, and then passed that information along. I suggest you start with other models that have the same brand cpu as yours.

Jim

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Jim persistance paid off, I found the correct driver for the Audio Sigmatel STAC9228 and I have audio now.

Michael
  • Michael, that is great! Please share it so that others can benefit from your work.

Jim

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Jim gladly,

The MS UAA driver first and then R153908 Dell Driver and I had audio in Windows XP Professional SP2

Michael

P.S. I also posted this in another area of the laptop forum, where someone asked similar questions that I did :)
  • Hi there,

I tried the same step but still could not work. Is there a sequencial way that i need to do? appreciate if can give me the links to download. thks
  • Markio,

I downloaded the MS (Microsoft) UAA Driver, installed it first and then rebooted my laptop. Then I downloaded and installed the Dell driver previously mentioned and I got my sound :)

HTH

Michael
  • Dear Soltec,

I've got the MS HD audio but still couldn't work. U have the link the download the right UAA version?

rgds
  • Markio,

Here is the link I used:

Michael
  • Markio,

If you have an SP 2 XP installation, you'll need this (multi-language) also

Michael
  • Thanks a lot,

I've got it up.. Cheers.. You guys are better than the "Tech Support" call team..
  • Hello,

I hav the same probleme wtih my audio driver ..." Problem with driver for Modem device on HD Audio Bus" i try yur solution but the link for the UAA for SP2 doesnt work... 

Can you give me this one,plz ;)

Thanks in advance 

• The link that soltec provides is useless. To install the

KB888111 hot fix from MS. You can google it. I found mine at

h**p://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=47079

After this is installed, install the Intel drivers. Intel_GM965-Express-Chipset-_A05_R173064.exe .  This will install the HDMI Audio and fix the exclamation mark.

I found all of the drivers for my 1525 by going to the 1520 dell support page, and downloading the drivers for the XP version.