Waves Maxxaudio

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Waves Maxxaudio

• Ruthielu42,

There is a place to setup the speakers...

***NOTE*** in the Realtek settings it states, MaxxAudio

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I have a Dell XPS L702x Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system.

I was unable to follow the path you suggested, Rick, as it is not quite that clear-cut for my model, but it is yet ANOTHER way to acess MaxxWaves and/or Soundblaster and will be helpful to someone.(if you have the (Soundblaster) feature with your Dell)

The path to access MaxxWaves is as follows on "my" pc :

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe /MAXX3 
    (There's the Realteck Audio HD that I have been unable to find a clear path to until now.(insert foot now.) My appologies y'all.)

The path to access the SoundblasterX-Fi MB is as follows on "my" pc :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\SB X-Fi MB\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe" /r

(Creative Lab is the maker of the "Soundblaster X-Fi MB"; Updated Drivers can be found on their website for both Windows7 64-bit system and Windows7 32-bit system.)

Sorry for the tone earlier...what a post I made and my appologies....:(
    Trying to suggest different paths as to how you may be able to access "both" and realize we all run different model#'s and each path may be different per model#.

Hope this helps...Good evening y'all :)

Ruthielu42

• Ruthielu42,

NO problem, we're just trying to help solve the mystery.

I have...

C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe

Easier to go to

Start, all programs, Dell Audio, Dell Audio by Realtek

I have a Creative folder but no Sound Blaster, inside.

Usually Creative has to do with webcams, not sure about anything else.

My system just has the Realtek Audio settings. If I play with the serttings, I can make things really loud, just using the Realtek program.

Very educational discussion.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• PudgyOne

" . . . Usually Creative has to do with webcams, not sure about anything else. . . . . "

Rick, Sound Blaster is Creative!   Go to their website and drool . . .   http://us.creative.com/welcome.asp

Drinks Drinks Drinks  Coffee Cool

Tacoslammer - eating too many tacos too fast: - slammin'  'em down Ick!  

Signature now approved by Dell  Big Smile

If you can read this, thank a teacher. 
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran
    and a Border Patrol Agent for keeping our borders secure.

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• To Dell-Terry B. and nightrider204,

I fiddled around a few more mins. and found this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\SB X-Fi MB\Console Launcher

Double-click the "Creative Console Launcher" and you should be set...unless the Launcher is not inside there in which case you may have it in your back-up discs??

Yet again, Rick, my filepath does NOT follow the same as YOURS, as I have a different Model # with different features.... so it does NOT open up to Dell, Realtech Audio HD Manager, Waves Maxx, etc.....that is where the problem lies or these posts would not even exist. You are rude and are having a nice time mocking me, and now your friends  are joining in on the fun so now I am GONE. I was only trying to help someone.What a way to  "Welcome me to the Forum"!

Ruthielu42

• Tom,

So Creative does different things. Some of the webcams are from Creative Labs, too.

Just trying to compare systems for the WavesMaxxAudio3 settings.

So my system does not have Sound Blaster installed.

ruthielu42,

On the main Realtek screen, at the bottom, does it say Andrea or something different?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Yeah, but I think Creative Labs is best known for Sound Blaster.   I think they started with audio and branched into video and all the other stuff. 

I have Sound Blaster on my XPS720 and the Console Launcher is a great tool for setting up audio capabilities.

I have MaxxAudio on my XPS15 L502X.  It is a misnomer to call it just MaxxAudio although the XPS15 does label the button as Waves MaxxAudio3 .   MaxxAudio is a part of the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Dell Audio by Realtek).  Realtek HD Audio Manager includes 3 sections on my system:

1)Volume:  JBL Speakers and Microphone;  The Bass SubWoofer may be in this section also if you have one.  I did not get the SubWoofer.

2) Waves MaxxAudio; and

3) Andrea Michrophone Technology.  

This is accessed by Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The Sound Blaster audio was not available for a laptop from Dell when I ordered my 2nd gen XPS15.   I do prefer the Sound Blaster on my Desktop XPS720.   Many more options and capabilities.   For gamers, the gaming console it boss.

If one has the sound Blaster, there is no reason to use the Realtek HD Audio system unless the Sound Blaster bricks.   Also by the two audio system differences I don't know how both could possibly operate simultaneously.   And Sound Blaster will use the subwoofer if available.  

XPS 15 L502X, i7 6230QM, 8GB, GT525M, 640GB 7200rpm, WIN 7- 64bit, Security:  MSE, MalwareBytes free on both systems

XPS 720, Intel Q 6600quad CPU, 4GB, 750GB, 3@ 160GB, Nvidia 7900GS, WIN 7 64bit Home Premium Edition

• Tom,

On the MaxxAudio page, do you have all the boxes checked?

Are you using the equalizer? And if so, are you using a preset setting or your own?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• tacoslammer

Yeah, but I think Creative Labs is best known for Sound Blaster.   I think they started with audio and branched into video and all the other stuff. 

Tacoslammer,

Thank-you for the info about Creative Labs.

Also, Thanks for helping me to find the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Dell Audio by Realtek).

I could not find it by the other path given. 

Maybe now "somebody" will leave me be?? (fingers crossed)

I was trying to help another Dell User who asked a question is all and I don't know why this turned into something else aimed straight at me.

Ruthielu42

• Ruthielu42,

I was just trying to find out a little more information on where the WavesMaxxAudio3 settings are coming from. From my understanding, there is very little documentation on this and comparing the systems, we both notice that some systems have features that others don't

I just want to make sure that if I offended you, I'm sorry. Computers are always a learning process, so the best way is to ask questions and learn. I know Terry has been off work until Monday but when he cames back, I think he'll have a little better understanding on Waves.

Glad you help to clarify the settings and the different functions.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Rick your answer & more info for all:

Yes, I have all the boxes checked on the MaxxAudio page.   I use the Equalizer with the Jazz preset.  On my XPS720 I have set the equalizer up for a custom setting due my 5.1 speakers (with subwoofer - the ".1"  I guess) needed some TLC.  I also have the Andrea Mic ON.   I leave the Power choice at the default.  It appears the newer 2.68 driver may have some nice enhancements.  See the Fiberdownload link below.

The following link takes you to RealTek ALC665, which is the RealTek Audio Codec in my system.   At the bottom of the page is a link to the Datasheets (more technology than you'll ever want to know).  I have not been able to find a specific operating manual or guide for it. 

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=37&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=252

Here is the latest driver from Realtek:  http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

And here is the same driver download form Fiberdownload:    http://www.fiberdownload.com/Download/18375/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver

The neat thing about the Fiberdownload site is the Video Preview of the driver.   I have not tried it yet.  Don't know what Dell Mods are made (if any) to the Realtek audio drivers.   I know the latest SoundBlaster drivers from Creative work OK since I use them.  The Realtek one is probably OK also, but I am waiting for confirmation from someone braver than I am.

• To Tacoslammer, Rick, nightrider, TB and all,

I found the correct drivers and utilites for the Waves Maxxaudio3 for a Dell XPS L702x Windows 64-bit System yesterday and posted it in the Audio Forum. Heres my post :

Hello,

I have the answer!!

I went to www.realtek.com.tw
    and finally found the Drivers for the Realtek Audio MaxxWaves3!!

I suggest (HIGHLY) that you FIRST Download the "README" for the 64bit Windows7 Driver Only (Executable file), and it'll show you each driver description and has the same properties as "My" system driver files for the Realtek HD Wavesmaxx3 and I have a Dell XPS L702x Windows 64-bit System.

So go to www.realtek.com.tw

Go to Home > Downloads > Computer Peripheral ICs > PC Audio Codecs > High
     Definition Audio Codecs > Software > (Then you have to accept the Terms) >Software and Driver and Utilities

Then Go to : Windows

FIRST DOWNLOAD the "README" file and read it "ALL THE WAY THRU" as it explains what you have to do to get the appropriate "Drivers and Utilities" to Download properly.....which is located directly under Description : 64bits Vista, Windows7 Driver Only (executable file) Version R2.68

US1 for United States West Coast or
    US2 for United States East Coast

Then, after doing all suggested steps in the README, download the Exectuable File Version R2.68 (or Zip File) for your correct configuration of Windows.

or....heres the link to get to the "README" and the "Drivers and Utilities Version R2.68" for the WavesMaxx3 Driver Files :

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You have to read it and Press Next and you will be at the "Readme" and the "Drivers and Utilties"

Download the Readme for the Windows7 64-bit first by pressing on the US1 for United States West Coast or
    US2 for United States East Coast.

Hope this helps and solves the Mystery. :)

Rick, Apology accepted and now we can start over...Thank you  :)
    Ruthielu42

• ruthielu42

To Tacoslammer and all,

I found the correct drivers and utilites for the Waves Maxxaudio3 for a Dell XPS L702x Windows 64-bit System yesterday and posted it in the Audio Forum. Heres my post :

I don't recall but did you ever go to Support.Dell.Com and check for the "correct" driver?   Look here:  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19

Dell has changed the way the driver lost appears.  You nee to select  ALL FILES and your Operating system, Windows 7 64-bit to get the complete list.  Look under AUDIO.

You will find the "correct" Realtek driver here:  Realtek-Driver

Now like with most drivers, Dell does not update them for new systems after about 6 months to a year.  So to get the newest driver version, one has to go the manufacturers website to find it As I showed in my post and you found later.

• tacoslammer

Now like with most drivers, Dell does not update them for new systems after about 6 months to a year.  So to get the newest driver version, one has to go the manufacturers website to find it As I showed in my post and you found later.

Tacoslammer,

Tacoslammer,

I was just answering the original posters', nightrider,  "Original Question" which he asks specifically for the "WavesMaxx3 Drivers"....

The link you provided above for the "Correct" realtek driver does not contain the" WavesMaxx3 driver files' in them as far as I can tell, but I could be wrong?? Do you know if they contain the WavesMaxx3 drivers??

Thank-you Tacoslammer; several of your posts have helped me, but as for now I don't have any issues with my system. We know all that can change in a flash...LOL :)

I DO have a question for you...

When you get the list of "Suggested" Drivers and such from the Dell website and it scans your specific computer system and then lists Recommended and Optional Drivers and such, do you accept them all??...and if not, How do you know which ones should be downloaded?? Since they are specifically for my system, which is a Dell XPS L702x Windows 7 64-bit, I feel I should download them all, but I also don't want to bog down my system with unneeded files, etc.... What are your suggestions please?

Thank you,

Ruthielu42

• ruthielu42

tacoslammer

Tacoslammer,

I was just answering the original posters', nightrider,  "Original Question" which he asks specifically for the "WavesMaxx3 Drivers"....

The link you provided above for the "Correct" realtek driver does not contain the" WavesMaxx3 driver files' in them as far as I can tell, but I could be wrong?? Do you know if they contain the WavesMaxx3 drivers??

Thank-you Tacoslammer; several of your posts have helped me, but as for now I don't have any issues with my system. We know all that can change in a flash...LOL :)

I DO have a question for you...

When you get the list of "Suggested" Drivers and such from the Dell website and it scans your specific computer system and then lists Recommended and Optional Drivers and such, do you accept them all??...and if not, How do you know which ones should be downloaded?? Since they are specifically for my system, which is a Dell XPS L702x Windows 7 64-bit, I feel I should download them all, but I also don't want to bog down my system with unneeded files, etc.... What are your suggestions please?

Thank you,

Ruthielu42

The Realtek-Driver link I provided is the Dell driver for the Dell Realtek HD Audio ALC665 supplied with the XPS 15 and DOES include the Waves MaxxAudio3 algorithms to compensate small speakers for their limitations.   Dell does not label it as  "WavesMaxxAudio3".   Realtek HD Audio is a set of audio codec drivers.   Looking at the Readme file in the 2.68 list here: 

http://152.104.125.41/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

" langid="1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false   you will see references to MaxxAudio on page 3 and others.  ( I did not look at all 289 pages!) 

WavesMaxxAudio3 is located here:   http://www.maxx.com/Content.aspx?id=739   However, I did not find any specific drivers for WavesMaxxAudio3.   You can read more about WavesMaxxAudio there and through several links provided.    In the Brochure "Maxx for Computers"  http://www.maxx.com/objects/PDF/Maxx_PC.pdf , it mentions MaxxAudio is an algorithm available in he production codec drivers from codec vendors including Realtek and IDT.

Conclusion,  - - - WavesMaxxAudio3 is included in the Realtek HD Audio driver from Dell listed above.  Please check your specific model and service code for the Realtek HD Audio driver.  Some systems may have a different Realtek model other than the ALC665.  Know that Dell labels their drivers different from the manufacturer in many cases.  Dell also has been known to modify drivers to suit its own purpose (customization for a system board differences, etc.).  So have a back up of the original driver before trying one from the manufacturer or other location.  Caution as always when using non-Dell sanctioned drivers.

The Realtek 2.68 codec may work fine - I do not know until I hear from someone that has tried it.  See my previous post with the link to FiberDownload for a nice video about the Realtek 2.68 codec driver.

Hope this helps everyone to better understand Waves MaxxAudio and the Realtek connection.

Just found that a couple of links were corrupted.  I'll fix those in another post shortly.  The Dell HTML editor adds unwanted characters in the link when using the "infinity" symbol to make the text into a live link.