Latitude D620 Sigmatel Driver Windows 7 - Audio - Laptop - Dell Community

Latitude D620 Sigmatel Driver Windows 7

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude D620 Sigmatel Driver Windows 7

This question is not answered

Hello,

i updated my system from XP prof to windows 7 prof

i need the proper sigmatel driver to get the stereomix. i tried several drivers with no success at least. the 171789.exe for vista didn't work . i get the microphone and speakers only, but no stereomix.

Can anybody help me out with the correct driver

hsort

All Replies
  • hsort
    the 171789.exe for vista

Hello. The Sigmatel R171789 is an XP driver. The Vista version is R171788.

Either one should work as long as it is installed in compatibility mode. But if you want stereo mix, the only Sigmatel HD driver with that feature is the R171789. Use compatibility mode as per section 8 of the Audio Driver FAQ, except substitute "XP" wherever it says "Vista"  (in other words use XP compatibility mode).

Jim Coates -- 14th year on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

• Hello jimco,

thanks for reply

i did it with R171789 in the xp and vista compatibility mode, but with no success in both cases. i got the microphone behavier only. where you successful with this mode for win7?  what did you exactly for installing?

hsort

• hsort
    i did it with R171789 in the xp and vista compatibility mode,

I would follow the instructions in section 2 of the Audio Driver FAQ and delete all audio files from the Dell driver folder on the hard drive, and then start the XP compatibility process again (not Vista compatibility) as per the instructions in section 8. (If you recall you had a similar problem when you installed Vista in May 2009, but then you said it was on a D630.  I created the FAQ later)

hsort
    where you successful with this mode for win7? 

I have XP. I intend to stick with XP as long as possible because I primarily use my computer for audio work and I feel that Vista and 7 are inferior operating systems in that specific area. However the instructions I have given have been confirmed to work by others, including a D620 owner. Are you sure that the driver is being installed? On the Sounds Control panel you should see the words "Sigmatel HD Audio" or similar, not just "High Definition Audio Device" or similar. If you do not see the word "Sigmatel" then the computer has installed the generic HD driver which will provide audio but not stereo mix. In that case delete that driver.If you do see the word "Sigmatel", have you right clicked and selected to show hidden and disabled devices?

• Hello Jimco,

i did as you mentioned, but no success. i have the sigmatel audio codec in the manager. i have only the mic option.

hsort

• Hello Hsort. Sorry you are having problems with this. If you need to have stereo mix you might have to go back to Vista.

hsort
    i have the sigmatel audio codec in the manager

Not the Device Manager. "Sigmatel" has to appear on the Sound control, something like this -- yours will look different:

If you have something like that and if you right click to show hidden devices but cannot find stereo mix, or click on "Properties" and it is not there,  then I guess it will not work on your machine.

• Hello Jimco,

this was the trick, now it works.

many, many  thanks for your help.

trust this guy for his wonderful tips

hsort

• Hello Hsort. Please tell me where you found it so I can pass it along the next time this comes up.. Was it under "show hidden devices" or  "Properties"? Thanks.

• Hi,

install the windows originaly with system speaker.....

or...

try HID high definition driver....?

P/s : try use microsoft original compatible with HDA driver.....!

• hi,

u need to have a driver with ms signal for XP....try getit from ms-win....????

• ncdsk
    u need to have a driver with ms signal for XP....try getit from ms-win....????

Hello, Thanks for posting but the question of how to install the audio driver for a Latitude D620 with Windows 7 has already been answered -- over a year ago.

• After I upgrade my Dell latitude D620 to windows 7, the Video seemed to be a problem.  The resolution isn't quite right.  Then the windows 7 detecetd an update for the Video, after the video driver installed system hung up and can not boot.  Does anyone has same problem