Dell Latitude E4610 no Stereo Mix

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Latitude E4610 no Stereo Mix

This question is not answered

Hi there,

I got a Dell Latitude E4610 - Windows 7 - 32 bit - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC .

I have no stereo mix at all.

I tried many suggestion collect from several forums such as:

- Show Disconnected Devices.

- Show Desabled Devices.

- Upgrading hardware from Dell Hardware Support.

But still get nothing.

Stereo mix icon shows up but with title "Rec. Playback" and comment saying " IDT High Definition Audeo CODEC currently unavailable"

Any advise or seliotion please ?

Best regards for all of you.

Verified Answer
  • Stereo mix icon shows up but with title

• Stereo mix icon shows up but with title "Rec. Playback" and comment saying " IDT High Definition Audeo CODEC currently unavailable

All Replies
  • Ghanim

I got a Dell Latitude E4610 - Windows 7 - 32 bit - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC .

I have no stereo mix at all.

The term "stereo mix" means one of several recording sources that are available on Dell models with Sigmatel integrated audio and XP operating system. I do not believe that the term "stereo mix" is ever used on models with IDT audio, so it is normal for you to not see "stereo mix" on your E4610.

Ghanim
    Stereo mix icon shows up but with title "Rec. Playback"

That is the IDT function that is similar to Sigmatel's stereo mix.

Ghanim
    comment saying " IDT High Definition Audeo CODEC currently unavailable"

Try re-installing the IDT audio driver. If that does not work then it may be that Rec Playback is not available with that particular driver.

Ghanim

I tried many suggestion collect from several forums such as:

- Show Disconnected Devices.

- Show Desabled Devices.

- Upgrading hardware from Dell Hardware Support.

How did you upgrade hardware?

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Dear Jimco,

Thank you for your kind reply.

Regarding your question

jimco

How did you upgrade hardware?

I mean that I upgrade the driver not the hardware for the latest relase which is relased on 9/17/2010 version 6.10.0.6242,A17.

I got this updated driver from Dell Drivers & Downloads support by using my laptop service tag number. Driver shows that it's used for IDT and applies to 29HDxxx HD AUDIO.

thank you again and waiting for your reply.

Ghanim

• Ghanim,

I believe some of your numbers might be incorrect. You wrote that your laptop is "Dell Latitude E4610 - Windows 7 - 32 bit". I cannot find that model. I wonder if perhaps you have a Latitude E6410? Or possibly an E4310?

You wrote that you have the latest IDT driver "version 6.10.0.6242". I wonder if you mean version 6.10.0.6292?

You wrote that it "applies to 29HDxxx HD AUDIO". That should be 92HD audio.

IF your laptop is an E6410 or an E4310, here are the IDT drivers for those models with Vista 32. There are 3 versions older than the A17 version. Try each driver by following the instructions in sections 2 & 3 of the Audio Driver Facts FAQ. If none of the drivers enable Rec/Playback then I would conclude that the drivers do not support it.

• Jimco, Sorry for late reply, I was in business trip. Yes my laptop is Latitude E6410. I tried the older version you suggested, and yes now I get stereo mix enabled and ready but it doesn't work. I mean that icon of stereo mix is showing under the name " Rec. Playback" and it show that it is Ready but I still can't use. I tried to set as default device and as default communication device, but both not working. Any advise ? Thank you again for your concern.
  • Hello. I have seen several posts lately from people who have Rec/Playback set as the default but it says "Currently Unavailable". I have not seen a solution for this problem. One forum member wrote:

If you right click the Rec. Playback and set it as the default device (for recording), it should automatically start working and enable itself. Then you can use it in any of your other programs. The main reason it says "Currently Unavailable" is the fact that it can't monitor the mic inputs AND the stereo mix at the same time. You'll notice that when you set the Rec. Playback as the default device, a volume meter comes up next to it from which it is monitored from, and then one of the mics will then say "Currently Unavailable".

I am not sure what that implies. Maybe he meant that one has to unplug any plug from the input jack to get Rec/Playback to work? Or maybe it means to disable the internal mics.

• Stereo mix icon shows up but with title

• Stereo mix icon shows up but with title "Rec. Playback" and comment saying " IDT High Definition Audeo CODEC currently unavailable

• ali elmohame1
    Stereo mix icon shows up but with title "Rec. Playback" and comment saying " IDT High Definition Audeo CODEC currently unavailable

First open the Recording tab of the Sound properties. Right click on Rec.Playback to open the context menu. Click on "Enable".

Next, right click on Rec.Playback again and now you can click on "Set as default device".

Now the Rec.Playback will be the default recording device but notice that the previous default device (in this picture the  Jack Mic) has now become "Currently unavailable" --. that's  just the  normal way the driver configures the settings.