Dell Laptop online purchase registration

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Laptop online purchase registration

This question is not answered

I tried to register my laptop online to no avail. I purchased it online in Nov 2009 and "Dell website" was not an option as a retailer. When I completed the online registration form, it returned a message that my service tag was invalid.  I had Dell find my service tag and it matched what was on the bottom of the laptop.  What is going on?  Is this some sort of illegal system.  Also I cant find the product code for MS Office suite and as a result I am unable to us it.  I purchased it with the laptop.  Please help me to rectify this. thx.

All Replies
  •  

I would think you need to contact Dell's Customer Service or perhaps TechnicalSupport and get some help with this issue.

Links to how to contact Dell

Jim Coates -- senior forum member

• Dell computers purchased online at the actual Dell US site do not require registration. They are automatically registered. Office that was purchased comes with a disk that has the key. All dell computers come with a free trial version of Office (without the disk) that expires after 30 days or so. You should have contacted Dell within the first weeks about any missing disks.

• I've nothing much to add to the advice offered above, other than offering these links:

How do I register my new Dell computer? (<<<--- that's probably the page you used?)
    Registering a Dell system purchased from a retail store (might be the one you need, if you ordered it online?)

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)