Studio 1747 - IDT Audio - "cutted" Sound!

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Studio 1747 - IDT Audio - "cutted" Sound!

This question has suggested answer(s)

If the IDT sound of my Studio 1747 "idles" for a while and you play then any sound,

the first ~0.5 seconds are cutted! This happens only one time, following sounds

are played correctly! But if you stop and wait 2, 3 minutes, the next sound after

this idle time is cutted again! Many users can confirm this lag! So fix this please!

Tested with Studio 1747, Win 7 Home 64 Bit, IDT Driver 92HD73C1 Audio, Ver. A00

All Replies
  • I'm having the exact same problem

• no one else with this issue? Confused

Come on Dell, check, revise or upgrade the sound driver! In the long run its very annoying if short but important sounds (Windows, ICQ, MSN, ...) disappeares all the time!!!

• I've got the same problem.

• Hello, I'm having the exact same problem, but I am using Windows XP PRO 32 bits with drivers compatible IDT Audio Driver, PIDT001 on DELL Studio 1747.

Different operating system, differents drivers and the same problem.

Curious ¿nooooooooo?

• When will the new drivers come out?

• AX-Turbo

If the IDT sound of my Studio 1747 "idles" for a while and you play then any sound,

the first ~0.5 seconds are cutted! This happens only one time, following sounds

are played correctly! But if you stop and wait 2, 3 minutes, the next sound after

this idle time is cutted again! Many users can confirm this lag! So fix this please!

Tested with Studio 1747, Win 7 Home 64 Bit, IDT Driver 92HD73C1 Audio, Ver. A00

Same here. I'm using skype and its very annoying when message comes and there are no sound notification.

Today I've reinstalled sound driver (from dell www) and ... magic happened. It helped. ;]

Now I've working sound without 'cuts'.

Dell Studio 1747, Win 7 HP - Dell Factory Recovery

---------------------------

Sorry for my english

• Im also having this problem.  Tried to install the drivers fresh with no success.  Before I found this thread I spent 2 hours online with "Bob" from tech support who had no idea.  Guess he doesnt read the forum.  Any ideas when this will be fixed?  Its sure annoying not getting email confirmation notifications.