Poweredge R420 faulty iDRAC/Lifecycle controller? - PowerEdge Out of Warranty - Forum - PowerEdge Out of Warranty - Dell Community

Poweredge R420 faulty iDRAC/Lifecycle controller?

PowerEdge Out of Warranty

PowerEdge Out of Warranty
Dedicated portal to get assistance in English for your Out of Warranty PowerEdge

Poweredge R420 faulty iDRAC/Lifecycle controller?

• Hi,

I have a DELL poweredge R420 which I am attempting to upgrade the old firmware on.  

I initially tried this by attempting to boot into the lifecycle controller, however during boot, I got a blank screen and a hang, so I then powered the server off, and it would only then attempt (and fail) to boot into the lifecycle controller.  Following instructions from the DELL forums, I removed power, and drained flea power to attempt a normal boot, however now the server hangs and times out during idrac initialization, and eventually displays and error stating the idrac is not responding and so power management etc will not be available to the system.  I have also noticed that the front LCD panel is no longer illuminated or displaying any text.

I have attempted idrac reset from the button on the front, but makes no difference.  Is there anything that can be done, or is this now a system board issue?

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting us. You have tried all the required troubleshooting steps. With the symptoms and result of the troubleshooting steps, it looks like that Motherboards needs replacement

Regards

Rakesh Kumar

Dell
    Dell Support
    Dell Enterprise Technical Support