Firmware update utility tool - PowerEdge Out of Warranty - Forum - PowerEdge Out of Warranty - Dell Community

Firmware update utility tool

PowerEdge Out of Warranty

PowerEdge Out of Warranty
Dedicated portal to get assistance in English for your Out of Warranty PowerEdge

Firmware update utility tool

• Hi, I am actually looking for some kind of utility tool for checking & upgrading the firmware of our client machines in our enterprise. around 95% of our environment  has different models of Dell desktops & Laptops. Can anyone suggest if there is any such utility tool which meets my requirement.

Thank you.

• Dear Srikanth,

Thank you for contacting us, We sent sent you an email with required details,

The post is still open so that any other customer can also give you an answer.

Regards

Manjunath

Dell
    Dell Support
    Dell Enterprise Technical Support

• Dear Manjunath,

Thank you for the prompt help on this...

I think the following link you provided may be of some help to get the firmware, BiOS upgraded. I have just downloaded the application. will give it a try and update you if it worked for me.

en.community.dell.com/.../7534.dell-command-update

Thanks for your help.

Mark,

• Hi Manjunath,

I am a bit confused here  with the tool "Dell Command update". From my understanding this tool has to be run manually on local machines when ever you want to update the bios or drivers. which aain requires user's intervention to run it.  Can we control this tool centrally and run them on all client machines as and when needed (or may be integrate it into SCCM.. just a thought).

Thanks,

Mark

• Dear Srikanth,

Thank you for contacting us, We sent sent you an email with required details.

Regards

Manjunath

Dell
    Dell Support
    Dell Enterprise Technical Support