Vostro V13 and Samsung 840 Basic Disque dur SSD 2.5´´ interne, 500 Go, Serial ATA III/6G/600 - Disk Drives (HDD, CD/DVD, Blu-ray) Forum - Disk Drives - Dell Community

Vostro V13 and Samsung 840 Basic Disque dur SSD 2.5´´ interne, 500 Go, Serial ATA III/6G/600

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Vostro V13 and Samsung 840 Basic Disque dur SSD 2.5´´ interne, 500 Go, Serial ATA III/6G/600

This question has been answered by DELL-Amogh G

Hello,

I want to upgrade my Vostro V13 HDD  =>  SSD   serial ATA 3 

Samsung SSD drive ref MZ-7TD500BW

Samsung 840 Basic HD  SSD 2.5´´ interne, 500 Go, Serial ATA III/6G/600

was it possible  ?

have you the driver for ? 

thanks for your answer

Verified Answer
  • Hi toche31,

There are no specific drivers required to install SSD. You may refer to the system Owner’s Manual from the link: http://bit.ly/1baQCyZ.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any other assistance.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

All Replies
  • Hi toche31,

Dell has tested 128 GB SATA-II 2.5” internal SSD with the system. However, you may install any SATA-II SSD and it should work fine. SATA-III is backward compatible and should work with the system, but will work on same speed as SATA-II SSD.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you. 

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• thank you for your answer

SATA III  is yet at the same price that SATA II

witch driver I have to use ?

• Hi toche31,

There are no specific drivers required to install SSD. You may refer to the system Owner’s Manual from the link: http://bit.ly/1baQCyZ.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any other assistance.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell

• thanks a lot

• Hi toche31,

Thank you for the response. I hope you will find the information useful.

Please feel free to reply if you have any further questions. I will be glad to assist you. 

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell