Dell Optiplex 755 replacement slimline DVD RW/CD RW optical drive combo?

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Dell Optiplex 755 replacement slimline DVD RW/CD RW optical drive combo?

This question is answered

I recently bought a Dell Optiplex 755 tower. it came with a DVD/CD ROM  optical drive. I need to replace that with DVD RW/CD RW slimline optical drive. having spoken with Dell they recommended the Dell HV 702 drive, but, I don't think that the HV 702 will read & burn both formats (only CD RW capability & DVD ROM), but I could be incorrect. does anyone know if this is the combo drive I seek, or, that I should look at a third party mftr or anothe Dell drive?

General Spec

Brand
DELL
Series
OptiPlex
Model
755 SFF
Type
Student/Home office
Form Factor
Slim/Small form factor
Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3GHz
Memory
2GB
Hard Drive
80GB SATA
Optical Drive 1
DVD
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional
Special Features
B Grade, Scratch & Dent

CPU

CPU Type
Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed
2.3GHz

Memory

Memory Capacity
2GB

Hard Drive

HDD Capacity
80GB

Optical Drive

Optical Drive Type
DVD

32 bit Operating System

Verified Answer
  • Hi blairiok,

As per the description the optical drive present in the computer can only read DVD and CDs, if you want to upgrade the optical drive to DVD +/- RW for the system, please refer this link: http://bit.ly/10tukGl

Or you can purchase it at a nearby local electronics store at a cost effective price.

Please reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

All Replies
  • Hi blairiok,

As per the description the optical drive present in the computer can only read DVD and CDs, if you want to upgrade the optical drive to DVD +/- RW for the system, please refer this link: http://bit.ly/10tukGl

Or you can purchase it at a nearby local electronics store at a cost effective price.

Please reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

• Thanks for the reply Nikhil D.

Big Smile