Dell Inspiron 1545 not rebooting

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Dell Inspiron 1545 not rebooting

This question is not answered

I purchase a Dell Inspiron 1545, the hard drive that it had was not good I updated with a 1tb I have a window 7 software, I can't see to be able to start up windows it downloads and then a page comes out a said to remove disc ,restart, and load disc again. I did and is not doing anything else is just a loop. What am I doing wrong?

Thank You

EMT

All Replies
  • When installing on a blank hard drive, it is necessary to boot from the installation disk.  Start the computer with the Windows 7 DVD in the optical drive, wait for the self test screen with the Dell logo to be displayed, press F12 during the display of the self test screen, and select to boot from the CD ROM device on the menu that should appear in the upper right of the screen.  Follow the directions you see on the screen.

For additional information, there is this from Dell:  Restoring or Reinstalling Windows on a Dell.  There is also this from forum member natakuc4:  A Clean Install of Windows.

Dell Forum member since 2005

• I inserted the dic windows 7, I try to do the F12 it redirects me to F1,F2,F5 will not load up.,,turn on computer with dvd windows is loading,advanced boot options, safe mode enter, Install windows page shows up, press next on english,press install now, Intall dell ultimate 32 bit,,agree on the terms, press upgrade,last  page shows a massage  THE COMPUTER STARTED USING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION DISC. REMOVE THE INSTALLATION DISC AND RESTART YOUR COMPUTER,  RESTART COMPUTER, MASSAGE IF AS FOLLOW No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 set up utility, F5 run onboard diagnostics, help, it looks as the windows 7 software is not loading. Help..

Thank You

EMT

• Do you have an operating system installed on your hard drive?  The Windows 7 setup disk does not offer those options so far as I know.

You need to choose the option for Custom Installation and use the menu options to delete any existing partitions on the hard drive.  Once you have done that you can choose to install Windows 7 into the unallocated space that results and Windows setup will take care of making a new partition and formatting it.

Dell Forum member since 2005