My computer suddenly doesn't recognize my MagicJack.

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

My computer suddenly doesn't recognize my MagicJack.

This question is not answered

I'm not sure that this is the topic under which I should be posting, but I am confident that, if it is not, someone will guide me in the right direction. 

I had some viruses removed not long ago. Afterwards my computer quit recognizing my MagicJAck. I have sought out help on the MagicJack home page. (They only have online tech support.) Neither their troubleshooting guide nor their tech chat resolved the issue. WHen I plug my magic Jack in, the program starts to open. The prompt then tells me I must plug my Magic into an USB port. I have tried every port. The Magic Jack does not work in any of them. My other peripherals work in all of them. I can not help but think that the problem is in my programing. Something is blocking the full recognition of my Magic Jack -- somewhat like a clogged fuel line. I have already tried disabling my virus protection for installation, to no avail.

I am hoping someone out here can help me.

All Replies
  • I have only heard of MagicJack, but I'd suggest to uninstall all MagicJack software and then reinstall it and see if it does any better.

Member since 2003

• I have already done that to no avail. Thank you though.