Internal hard disk drive not found.To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Internal hard disk drive not found.To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.

• IN my Dell Inspiron 1520 , whenever I start my laptop I get the message "Internal hard disk drive not found.
    To resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive.
    No bootable devices -- strike F1 to retry boot, F2 to set up utility.
    Press F5 to run on board diagnostics."

I ran onbiard diagnostics which showed following:
    error code = 0141
    msg error code = error code 2000- 0141
    msg : no drive detected

I also opened the Hard Drive by removing hard drive screws to reseat the drive and put it back again as it was there intially.But when i started my Dell Inspiron 1520 , I get the same message -- "Internal Hard Disk Drive Not Found TO Resolve This Issue, Try TO Reseat The Drive" came.Please help me in this.

• The hard drive has completely failed;  replace it with a new one.

• Is this the only possible solution? I would hate to buy another hd if my motherboard is failing....Im getting the same message as the user your replying to.

• I have same issue but i dont get any error in diagnosis , on DST short test it says "Not applicable" , what does it mean?

• Remove and reinsert the hard drive.  If that gets the hard drive detected (F2 at powerup to check), run a diagnostic.  If it does not, replace the drive with a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive.

• I have reseated hard drive but still same problem is there , i m gonna try another hard drive , will post result here , btw i have dell inspiron 1545 laptop 320 GB(5400 rpm) hard disk can i replace it with 500GB hard disk  ?

• Yes - any standard 2.5" SATA notebook drive will work as long as it's 9.5 mm or slimmer.

• Hi Atul,

If the system is under warranty, I will help you with the replacement. Please provide the service tag and name on the account, complete shipping address and phone number through Private message.

To send a Private Message, click my User name and Start Conversation.

If the system is not under warranty and if you need to buy a replacement hard drive, you can place an order using this link: http://dell.to/14VFfq5

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• No its not under warranty  , i ll see what i can do , thank you for help