I need some help with my Dell Inspiron 1501. The cd/dvd drive is stuck and will not open!

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

I need some help with my Dell Inspiron 1501. The cd/dvd drive is stuck and will not open!

• First of all I want to make sure I list all the details of my system. It is a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, with an AMD Turion 64x2 mobile technology Tl 50 1.60 GHz. 894 MB and a 32 bit operating system. I am also using Vista. Now I have had this laptop for just over a year and I recently restored the system back to factory condition and now I am unable to open my driver to play cds or dvds. I have used a paperclip in the little hole to try and open it manualy, but that does not seem to work. Can anyone help me out with this problem I am having? It would be greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read my post!
  • You MUST be able to open it with an opened paperclip - or you have a real jamming problem.

First make sure that when you put the paperclip into the hole - you do need to push it when you first feel resitance - it is a mechanical release, not an electrical one - so make sure you push reasonably hard on the paperclip and the drive should open just a bit.