RIS deployment - Optiplex 755 - Disk Drives (HDD, CD/DVD, Blu-ray) Forum - Disk Drives - Dell Community

RIS deployment - Optiplex 755

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

RIS deployment - Optiplex 755

• Hi.

Im tryin to make a Windows XP deployment via RIS (Windows deployment tools). Im very confused. To set the network drivers took more than an our to google etc.

But I have no clue how to set up the SATA harddrive mode - RAID/AHCI to work. The Image is already on the server. I placed into

\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WinXPFlatImage\i386
    and also into
     ..\i386\$oem$\$1\drivers\sata

these files:

iaahci.cat ; iaahci.inf ; iastor.cat ; iastor.inf ; iastor.sys . There were extracted from the Intel Matrix Storage driver from dell.com.

The Install process wrote, that I have no harddrive installed. After switching to RAID/ATA everything was OK.

What should I place to the SIF files included in the flat image to work? Or is there any other workaround??

PS> I have there images for GX620, 745 and some HP notebooks as well and every of them works without any problems....

THANXXXX
  • If you don't receive a timely reply here you may wish to post your question on the Optiplex forum, here:

• What did you have to do to get the network drivers to work?  I have an image that works fine on the 745 but getting the network card error on the 755.

Thanks!
    Rob
  • Never mind.  I needed to install the Intel NIC drivers and not the Broadcom on mine.