-Restoring Dimension 4500 to factory set

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

-Restoring Dimension 4500 to factory set

• Hi, I want to go back to factory default settings on a dell dimension 4500 which was bought prior 2004, so using symantec is out of the question. Do i use the installation XP disc shipped with computer to restore settings? I have tried F2/ F8, and <ctrl> 11 to no effect.

How do i factory reset it?

thanks in advance
  • 99Pipe,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

There is no way to restore this system to factory defaults. You will need to boot to the WinXP cd , format and reinstall Windows. Once you have the operating system installed you can install the drivers.
  • 99Pipe wrote:

Hi, I want to go back to factory default settings on a dell dimension 4500 which was bought prior 2004, so using symantec is out of the question. Do i use the installation XP disc shipped with computer to restore settings? I have tried F2/ F8, and 11 to no effect.

How do i factory reset it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell's PC Restore by Symantec utility, is only factory installed on Dimension and Inspiron computers shipped on/after 7.16.04.

Bev.

===================================================
    Please don't send me questions about your system by DCF Messenger.
    Post the issue in the appropriate Board, where they will be answered.

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell