hey

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

hey

• IM just got a laptop n i have like a week with it and the laptop said  this-

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart ur computer. if this screen appears again , follow these steps

disable or uninstall any antivirus , disk defragmentation or back up utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated driver s. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption , and then restart ur computer.

• That problem could be caused by a software issue or Hard drive problem. To isolate the problem I will recomend to run a diagnostic on your hard drive (F12, select hard drive diagnostics).
  • Before runing a diognostic I would recomend reseating the Hardrive , DVD drive and swap the memory just simply switch them to opisite slots and reseat them. This is a comon problem as during shiping and being a laptop gets moved around a lot. Poweroff the laptop off unplug power remove the batery then press the power button for a couple of seconds. Swap to opisit slot and reseat your ram. Remove and reseat Hardrive & DVD/CD drive.

Best Wishes

-----------------------------------------------------
    XPS M1710, T2500
    17 UltraSharp TrueLife WUXGA
    2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
    100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
    Logitech Z 5300 5.1 Speakers
    Logitech MX 1000 Cordless Laser Mouse
    Nostromo n52 Game pad
    ----------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by jeffcmfrt on 08-14-200607:09 PM

Desktop

Alienware Area 51ALX  BLK

CPU ii960 Windoes 7 64 bit

2XHD5870 Crossfire 12 Gigs Ram

2 X 1TB HD in Raid

CD/DVD/BD Burner O8 Bios

Laptop

XPS1710 7900 GTX  CPU 2.0  200 Gig HD 4 Gigs Ram  350 Bluetooth 3945 ABG CD/DVD Burner Windows XP Pro with Docking station and creative PCMCIA sound card with the dock option