Dell Inspiron 1520 OS Installation

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Dell Inspiron 1520 OS Installation

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop currently running Windows Vista Home Premium.  I have been trying to update to Windows 8, and as my computer does not have a DVD Burner, I have been attempting to use a bootable flash drive.  To my knowledge, and based on what the internet says and trying this multiple times, I have concluded that the flash drive is being successfully created.

After I boot from the flash drive, it enters Windows 8 installation, and I go through choosing a Default language and starting the installation, at which point I receive a message stating that CD/DVD drivers are missing, and that I should find the necessary driver through a very helpful browse function they have.  I have scoured my hard drive and have not found a driver that works.  Based on the suggestions of the internet, I have concluded that I am somehow missing a driver for SATA/AHCI.  I have tried booting it with AHCI turned off without any more success.  Does anybody here know of where I might find the required driver to install Windows 8?

All Replies