USB Floppy Drive and IDE hard Drive Not Present \ Dell Dimension 3100/E310

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

USB Floppy Drive and IDE hard Drive Not Present \ Dell Dimension 3100/E310

This question is not answered

I have a  Dell Dimension 3100/E310 and I was getting BSOD quite often, I finally did a Diagnostics from my resource CD (should have done it from hard drive, now when I start my computer the Press F1 or F2 comes up first). Before I did diagnostics I read I should update drivers that said urgent or recommended.  After diagonstics my Boot Sequence came up:

1 - Onboard USB Floppy  NOT PRESENT

2 - SATA Hard Drive

3 - IDE Hard Drive  NOT PRESENT 

4 - USB CD ROM Drive

I don't have any idea what is going on. I even tried to do a system restore and it wouldn't let me . I am not good at technical things unless it's step by step instructions.
If anybody out there can help me I would be very grateful. 

All Replies
  • Hi Imagine84,

This is just a list of bootable devices and which ones you have and which you do not. So I don't see what the problem is.

• Thank you so much for responding. Can you tell me how to make the options F1 to continue and F2 to run the system test that appeared when I used my resource CD. It still comes up after the Dell screen and before the Windows screen. I don't have the disk in. 

I was having BSOD screens often, and kept looking in the forums, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's fixed.

Thank you so much again for all your help, I really appreciate it.

• Patty,

The "F1 to continue, F2 for system setup" message will occur when there is a problem with the boot device or some other issue in system setup. Are you getting this message every time you start the computer? If you hit F1, does everything load normally?

• I know this is a really old post, but i'm having the same problem with my desktop. I get the "F1 to continue, F2 for system setup" message, but F1 does nothing. If anyone has figured out how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help.