Inspiron 1525..... Hard disk doesn't stop making noise!!!

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Inspiron 1525..... Hard disk doesn't stop making noise!!!

• Hi, i bought an inspiron 1525 one month ago, however the hard disk makes too much noise. Even when i'm on the net or whatever i do. The blue light indicating hard disk doesn't stop clinking and clinking, and in addittion the usual noise( grrrrr,grrrrr,grrrr) non stop. Is there a way i can verify if there's a problem? and if so , what can i do to solve that ? I just bought it and it's my first laptop. Thanks!!!
  • Could it be that your antivirus program is scanning or Windows is trying to install updates?

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• What HD is it? I have a 1720 with the Hitachi HTS722016K9A300, 120g 7200rpm.  This thing makes so much noise I can't hear myself think.  No solution to it that I can find either.  Anyone with suggestions is welcome to speak up please before I throw it out the window.
  • What kind of noise is it? Sometimes it's the memory or CPU.

7K drives are a bit noisier as they spin faster, so some noise is normal.

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• Imagine a porcelin cereal bowel with a dozen or so pebbles inside spinning at 7200rpm.  I agree that faster drives may mean more noise but this is semi-constant, annoying, depressing and possibly life changing.  All I can think to do is buy another drive.  I've re-seated it, changed the setup to "quiet"...so far no good.
  • Perhaps it's not the HDD? It could be the memory or the CPU. My CPU buzzes like crazy (the original Core Duo T2400 didn't...it started after I upgraded it to the once top-of-the-line Core 2 Duo T7600).

• Well I suppose that could be.  After reading your last reply I turned the comp upside down took a listen.  Hmm...noise from hardrive enclosure but noise also from "exhaust" port.  Fan perhaps? Is that what you mean by noisy processor? (T7250).  I dont see how memory could be a noise maker but I'm certainly not much in the know.
  • The memory and CPU can make an annoying buzzing sound.

If there's noise from the exhaust, that's just the fan.

• Hi, i am bought inspiron 1525 its a 2009 model. after i installed win 7 enterprise and all the drivers in vista sp1 compatibility mode. now after one the Hardisk is making sound and while copying through usb or DVD drive and while copying it hangs and blue screen came and i have force shutdown and restart, i rolled back to system restore where only win 7 was installed and few drivers. please help me. please. thanks in advance

• Hi kumar_mys,

Boot the Computer into Safe Mode. Check if the computer works in safe mode.

1. Start the computer.
    2. Tap <F8> on the keyboard immediately after the Dell logo screen disappears until you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu on the screen.
      (If the Windows Advanced Options Menu does not appear, restart the system and try again.)
    3. Select Safe mode and press <Enter>.

For more information on minimum requirements for windows 7, kindly refer the below given link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/products/system-requirements

Also download the below mentioned application and scan the computer, this would show if the computer is compatible with windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

Run the diagnostics on the computer.

I recommend running diagnostics (restart the computer by holding fn and Power button simultaneously) on the computer to test the hardware.

Let me know  the status.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".