Forums

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

_NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A Drive

• When I try to burn audio music or save files to a disk, none of my programs recognize a disk in my drive.  The computer recognizes a disk in the drive but the program (Sonic) does not.  When I click on the drive properties with a blank CD-R in the drive it says it has no space while I have used several brand new cd-r's.  I currently burn DVD's sucessfully with a DVD copying program.  I am unable to burn anything else.  When I installed the DVD copying program a while back I had to uninstall.  It wiped my drivers out.  I ended having to go into the registry and fix the upper and lower filters.  It fixed my drivers and I was able to burn DVD's using the DVD copying program.  I have Nero on my computer as well which works with the DVD copying program to burn dvd's.  Nero will not let me even try to do any audio cd related activites.  After I fixed the drivers I did not realize I was unable to to burn audio on my programs or even copy audio cd's.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  I thought about uninstalling the dvd copying program and starting over but I am afraid it will disable my drivers again.  Any suggestions?

My dvd r drive is _NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A Drive on a Dell Dimension 5100
  • Sometimes, after removing the Filters, the burning software needs to
    be reinstalled.  Give that a try to see if it helps.
  • I am having the same problem with my Deminsion 4700....about a month ago I was not able to burn cd anymore......I can however burn dvd's and list to cds and watch dvd.......just not burn cd's. I have used dell support and updated everything that sonic suggested...have even uninstalled the drive and reinstalled......still nothing....oh and I have  a  NEC DVD+RW ND-3530A...drive. Dell does have a patch available for sonic dual layer.....tried that too.....and nothing. I starting to wonder if when my windows update..updated if that may have affected something......or if the drive just doesn't like the disk I bought.....Help!!!!!

• Hi Luvalot,

Mike ~ Skybird is currently off-line so I will drop a note until his return.
    Trying a different brand of media is always a good idea because some drives can frankly be picky.
    You stated you updated everything at Dell, including Sonic`s patches & such, then you mention Sonic Dual Layer? Are you referring to the Dell firmware update listed here:
    ND-3530A

Have you tried using Windows XP built-in burning program, does it work?

Best Regards!

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
    difference.

CD/RW Link

Jeff

"Live Free -- Die Hard"

Forum Member since March 1998

• Yes I am refering to the firmware you mentioned. How do i use the built in software that comes with XP? I have tried burning straight from Windows Media player and from Musicmatch Jukebox....and also recieved an error message. But I do plan to try different brand of disk or maybe cdrw's instead of cdr's....I don't know....will try anything at this point.

• Hi Luvalot,

Click on the CD/RW link in my post and scroll to Section 100, article 27 for Microsft`s article on XP`s software.
    Since you have tried other third party burning programs, it might be a good idea to clean the filters up. Same CD/RW link, Section 100, article 31 (ignore the reference to Roxio)

Best Regards!

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
    difference.

CD/RW Link

Message Edited by Predator on 07-16-200609:19 PM

Jeff

"Live Free -- Die Hard"

Forum Member since March 1998

• Thanks you for the help...I'll try it!
  • Where would I get the burning software?  Is it something that came with my Dell or something I would download off the Internet?  What is it called, so I know what to search or look for?  I am responding for my boyfriend who posted initial post, and I am a bit elementary when it comes to this stuff!  Sorry :)
  • It may be Sonic.  If you do not have the disc and are still
    within the warranty period, contact Dell and request the
    disc.
  • My boyfriend said that he was given the option under add/remove hardware to reinstall and he did that several times without change.  It was the Sonic program.  Is that what you were referring to?  If that's not it, what else might it be?  Would uninstalling the DVD copying program help, or could that potentially cause more harm?  Thank you all for your help!
  •  

Message Edited by Skybird on 07-17-200601:24 PM