TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD problems? Post here!!!

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD problems? Post here!!!

• Could this be a problem with something from Dell rather than TSST? I generally buy either Samsung or Panasonic and have done for YEARS. I'm not taking sides though and I don't own a Dell, but I run 3 simultaneous TSST and have used Samsung for as long as I can remember and I've only ever had 1 non-working 2X CD ROM drive in 1993 (or 1995), the drive was one of them where you put the CD into a tray and put the tray into the drive. Sometimes an outside oppinion is helpful. Hoping Dell won't erase my post and ban me from their site + send me hate mails and god forbid shipping me a Dell computer for free :P
  • yes. its a dell prob...refer to last post :)
  • I been having problems with my TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSH492B drive for almost 1 week and I
    need help fast. I am using a Dimension 1100/B110 and running on Windows XP.

I bought this computer from a neighbor that moved out, so I
    dont have the CD's that came with it. I have tried going to the Device
    Manager but I find a "!" sign under the DVD/CD-ROM drives and my computer doesnt read
    it as well. When I right clicked the CDRW/DVD drive and chose Properties, this is what it
    showed me:

'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver
    may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.'

I have tried the Troubleshoot, no luck.
    Please help!!!

Thank you,
    l00CiViC00l

• Hi.

Try upgrading the firmware by going to this link:

Also try pressing F12 before windows boots-up and run diagnostics, it may be able to help you.

If the link does not work search for R94921.EXE

Note: search for TS-H492B opposed to TSH492B, it yields results, I know these little - are quite annoying.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• The last reply advised upgrading your firmware. ****ONLY ATTEMPT UPDATING FIRMWARE *AFTER* WINDOWS HAS PROPERLY RECOGNIZED YOUR DRIVE & YOU HAVE TH E *DRIVER* CORRECTLY INSTALLED. TRY REINSTALLING DRIVERS FIRST: First, I would begin by going to the Device Manager. Right click on your CD/DVD drive and choose "uninstall". The drivers for CD/DVD drives are fundementally the same as they have been for the last 10 years. YOU SHOULDN'T NEED NEW DRIVERS, BUT - if you do, I'd suggest downloading them from Microsoft if possible, or just search your Windows CD; they'll usually be in the Cabs folder, but again, this shouldn't be necesssary. After choosing uninstall, reboot your PC. Once you log back into Windows, the drivers should automatically install. If they don't, or you get some kind of error during installation, I would suggest stopping the device (either in Device Manager or via the Safely Remove Hardware opt [bottom right on Task Bar]) and then trying this again. If the drive is not properly connected or there is dust, etc, in the connection, it just may not communicate w/Windows correctly. Try this and let me know what happens.
  • I bought a Dell laptop Studio 1555 last month...All was well untill I put a DVD which I had burnt using Roxio Creator in my HP Desktop. Yes I have a HP Desktop as well.

The DVD that I burned in the Desktop is failing to be recognized by the Studio 1555 Laptop... The Laptop as TSSTcorp drive.

Not only that the Laptop is reconizing only Original DVDs and VCDs. Laptop is not reading DVDs which I have burnt through the Desktop.

These DVDs which I created are being recognized easily In Studio XPS Laptop and Inspiron Laptop but these Laptops are having HL-DT-ST DVD Drives and not TSSTcorp. I am sure there is some issue with the TSSTCorp which Dell is not acknowledging.. :(

• I bought a Dell laptop Studio 1555 last month...All was well untill I put a DVD which I had burnt using Roxio Creator in my HP Desktop. Yes I have a HP Desktop as well. The DVD that I burned in the Desktop is failing to be recognized by the Studio 1555 Laptop... The Laptop as TSSTcorp drive. Not only that the Laptop is reconizing only Original DVDs and VCDs. Laptop is not reading DVDs which I have burnt through the Desktop. These DVDs which I created are being recognized easily In Studio XPS Laptop and Inspiron Laptop but these Laptops are having HL-DT-ST DVD Drives and not TSSTcorp. I am sure there is some issue with the TSSTCorp which Dell is not acknowledging.. :(
  • Hi there

I get the following error

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Unistalling and reinstalling (as per troubleshooter) does not work.  obviously cant get new drivers from the CDROM device since it does not work.  Any options?  I am going to try to find the drivers on the internet and reinstall.

sondra

• Firmware DE08 also eliminates the DPC latency problem caused by DE07.

• I am also having problems. Drive packed up today while watching a film (in fact this workout dvd I just received).

I have since tried other DVDs and all fail. The drive is recognised, Vista says it is operating OK, but DVD's are not recognised inside it, it just makes a noise. 

Have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled, no luck there. I am assuming a broken drive.

PC is about 2 years old, but not used the DVD drive much, just intalling a few programs and a handful of photo backups. 

Will try that alternative drive, but I am thinking that a new DVD player is required.