Liteon DVD-ROM LTD163 GDHG Problem

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

Liteon DVD-ROM LTD163 GDHG Problem

• I am using a Liteon DVD-ROM LTD163 GDHG, and when I put a CD in, I hear the drive going, but nothing happens. I cannot my CD driver, and have hopelessly looked all over the web for it, and found very close ones, but no exact ones. It can't read DVD's or CD's. Any suggestions?
  • Try deleting the drives in Device Manager, then reboot to redetect them. That's usually the first thing to try. When you post back, please mention what model you have.
  • 1. I have re-detected them, and it still can't read disks.

2. Where can I find the model?
  • My Computer, right click the cd drive, properties, hardware and your drives will be listed. 

• Hi stillfunny2u,

I believe since you listed your drive as a Lite-on LTD163, John~Osprey was referrring to the model of your Dell system.
    I will make one or two comments then slide back into Stealth mode and leave this thread to them.

Click on the CD/RW link in my post and scroll to Section 20, article 3 & Section 11, article 2.
    If the above does not help, you might consider the Dell firmware update for this drive; hover your mouse over the Product Support Tab above, click on Drivers & Downloads link, enter information for your system, then scroll to Removable Media Storage Devices.

Best Regards

God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the
    difference.

CD/RW Link

Jeff

"Live Free -- Die Hard"

Forum Member since March 1998