help me check my computer's internet use history

Disk Drives

Disk Drives
Disk Drives (Floppy, USB, HDD, CD/DVD/BD) discussion

help me check my computer's internet use history

• I am afraid that my computer is being misused.  I heard from someone that it is possible to check out the internet sites visited on my computer even if the history shows nothing.  How can I do this?  This is very important to me.  Thanks for any help you can give!
  • you should bw fine as long as you clear history cookie, temp internet files etc...

• HTT Good HT Bad wrote:
    you should bw fine as long as you clear history cookie, temp internet files etc...

If you go back and re-read the question, he wants to FIND the history not ERASE the history...

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm

• 15lover.

To view your system history, on the top toolbar, next to "Favorites" there should a history icon, click on it.

Bev. 

If my answer was helpful, please use the 'Did this answer the question' and click: Yes
    Forum Member since 2001
    I am not employed by Dell

• probably one of the best way to see the history, is if you have a firewall, eg norton, outpost , zonealarm etc which also log websites.. as the browser history can be easily deleted by who ever was looking at the sites

-----------
    Dimension 8300 ,P4 CPU 2.80GHz 800MHz BIOS A05 ,1024MB DDR-SDRAM 400MHz ,Sparkle 6600GT 128mb 500mhz/1000mhz ---Retired ---> GeForce FX 5200 ,BearPaw 2400TA Scanner ,USB 2.0 tv tuner ,NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD ,Pioneer 16x DVD+/-RW DL DVR-109 firmware 1.57, 256Mb-64mb Usb drives,Wacom graphire3 4x5inch USB tablet ,HP CD-Writer+ 8200,Creative SB Live! with subwoofer ,Conexant SmartHSFi V.9x 56K DF PCI Modem ,ADSL DSL-200, HP deskjet 3550, 120Gb seagate SATA,external usb2 seagate 200Gb ,15inch LCD, pci cooler, 7749 3dmark03, 3200 3dmark05, PCmark05 3364,
  • thanks for all the replies, but how can i check the history if everyone has their own log-in?  Is it possible to check what is on the entire computer just by being logged in myself? obviously i don't have everyone else's passwords or i could easily check to find the culprit...