The GX280 is Vista Capable and with a CPU that supports NX can go all the way to windows 8.1
Max Ram is 4 gigs total.
• R121089 Dell Desktop Software (Under System Utilities)
• R79695 Dell Driver (Under Chipset)
• R99397 Broadcom Driver (Under Chipset)
• R96000 & R126541 Intel Video Driver (Under Video) or ATI R253949 and the other ATI drivers (Under Video)*
• R73044, R72270, R70165, R76737 Conexant Modem (Under Communications)
• R132254, R78500 Broadcom Ethernet (Under Network)
• R105155 Audio (Under Audio)
You may also update the BIOs if you are careful:
• GX280A08 if you don't have A08
And the PCI Video BIOs*
I installed windows7 32bit on my Optiplex GX280, have several problems. Driver is missing for video graphics controller, and after an extensive search, I have learned this is a common issue, and apparently there is no controller driver available for windows7 that is compatible with this model. Further research tells me this model will not support windows7 Now I read it will go all the way to 8? Please tell me how ?