Precision 5810 PSU to GPU cable - Video - Desktop - Dell Community

Precision 5810 PSU to GPU cable

Desktop

Desktop
Desktop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Precision 5810 PSU to GPU cable

• I ordered a Precision 5810 with a 425 watt PSU.  I am trying to install a Nvidia Quadro M4000 that uses an additional 6 pin PCIe power connector to give the card the needed wattage.  This is the first Precision we have purchased a couple of years and it does not have the additional cable/adapter we need.  Instead, it has a spot on the PSU board that is labeled POWER_VGA1.  Based on my research on the formums and online, this is an 8 pin PCIe power outlet.  I called Dell support and sales, and neither of them can give me a part number for the correct cable because they do not sell this internal part and that I would need to purchase from a 3rd party.  This issue I am running into is that the only parts I can find for this 8pin male pcie to 6 (or 6+2) pin male pcie (connect to GPU) only come from China via Ebay.  Can someone point me in the right direction for the cable that I can get from the US quickly? 

• I would check with CHRIS M .   I believe its D92C9  

I also came across this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pin-to-8pin-6pin-Power-Adapter-Cable-for-DELL-Precision-Tower-7810-T7810-35cm-/191831950590

The power supply does have a daughter board. This board supports an 8 pin cable that splits off into 2x 6 pin connections.

Power supply extended card part number is M6NP2:

It goes here ( this is a picture with the power supply removed ):

6 PIN splitter cable part number D92C9:

Precision 5810 power supply part numbers:

YFY1V - 425W PSU

VDY4N - 685W PSU

RHHKV - 825W PSU

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
    I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
    The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
    Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

• Any idea what the 8 pin version of this cable is?

I have 'Precision Tower 5810' as well but adding nVidia 1080's to the computers so I need a 8 pin connector instead of the above 6.

• Note, Dell never tested the consumer video cards in this 2014 Precision. We only tested the enterprise Quadro and FirePro video cards. I do not understand your setup. The 1080s should have 8 pin power ports. So D92C9 should work.

Precision Tower 5810 PSU two 6pin PSU leads --> Dual 6pin to Single 8pin cable --> 1080 8pin power connector

The Precision Tower 5810 PSU has 6 pin cables. How many PSU leads do you see coming from our PSU? Please explain in detail. These are all I see on the Precision Tower 5810 parts page =
    D92C9 = Dual 6pin to Single 8pin cable
    0MG89 = Single 6pin to Single 8pin cable

• What about

8pin to 8+6pin Power Adapter Cable  DELL 9H6FV

• 9H6FV = Power Cable for Riser to GPU, Poweredge R720 ??

• It looks like this.

• Ordered the 9H6FV as I purchased the NVidia GTX 1080 and needed the 8 pin power to 8 pin GPU however the power connector (white above) does not fit into the 5810 riser board.  Holes don't match. So seems like I am stuck as you are which seem odd they would not have a cable that goes 8 pin to 8 pin.

• You can mod

6 PIN splitter cable part number D92C9 with an additional dual 6 to 8 adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/GutsParker-6-Pin-Female-8-Pin-Cable/dp/B01J77U34Y/

• Thanks.  Not sure why I didn't think of that.  Much appreciated.  Have one on order and should resolve my issue.

mhzman

• EXCELLENT! This should solve the issue I am having too.

• maybe stupid question -- do both female sockets need to be used for the adapter to work? or are we just sticking ONE of the 6 pins on the existing cable into ONE of the two female sockets on the adapter and then plugging the new 8pin into the gpu?

• Apparently the 9h6FV is not working.

6 PIN aux power cable part number D92C9:  needs to go to a DUAL 6 pin to 8 pin adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/GutsParker-6-Pin-Female-8-Pin-Cable/dp/B01N3T6C2K

You also NEED TO USE THE 825w power supply.  This is why the 425w unit DOES NOT COME WITH AUX video power cable.

If you need 6 pin and 8 pin then you will have add a cable to tap power from SATA

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-8-Pin-2xSATA/dp/B01DV1Z4X2

Precision 5810 power supply part numbers:

YFY1V - 425W PSU

VDY4N - 685W PSU

RHHKV - 825W PSU

• Sorry something is still not making sense to me, perhaps you can help clarify.

My power supply has the 8pin connection:

My GPU has a 6 and 8 pin connection.

I already own the cable that came with the precision tower:

What additional cable(s) do I need to make this work? The included cable I posted above has an 8pin PSU to dual 6pin connection, but I need to go from 8 to 6+8. I'm confused because if I bought THIS cable, would one 6-pin female connector just be empty?

Thanks.